What's new

Assistance getting Wireguard client running

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stonypass

Occasional Visitor
RT-AX56U on Merlin 3.88.2 using Proton VPN

I have OpenVPN client to Proton running using instructions here:
Did have to change: Accept DNS to Exclusive, and also Redirect Internet through Tunnel to Yes (all), after that IPLeak.net shows the IP of the Proton VPN server and no DNS servers detected.

Downloaded the Wireguard config file for the same server on Proton, after starting it shows I'm connected and VPN Status shows the server IP and port.
IPLeak.net though shows my real location with IP and DNS, just like when nothing is running.
Don't see a way to Redirect All traffic through the tunnel using the Wireguard setup but I'm probably missing something.

RT-AX56U on Merlin 3.88.2 using Proton VPN

I have OpenVPN client to Proton running using instructions here:
Did have to change: Accept DNS to Exclusive, and also Redirect Internet through Tunnel to Yes (all), after that IPLeak.net shows the IP of the Proton VPN server and no DNS servers detected.

Downloaded the Wireguard config file for the same server on Proton, after starting it shows I'm connected and VPN Status shows the server IP and port.
IPLeak.net though shows my real location with IP and DNS, just like when nothing is running.
Don't see a way to Redirect All traffic through the tunnel using the Wireguard setup but I'm probably missing something.
Try using VPN Director. With it, you can redirect one IP address or a complete subnet to your VPN provider.
It's easy and simple.
1682542009963.png

Try using VPN Director. With it, you can redirect one IP address or a complete subnet to your VPN provider.
It's easy and simple.

Thanks, that fixed the issue.

On the Local IP pulldown I see all the routers clients, so I used 192.168.50.1/24 which should get all clients using the LAN.
I have a guest network 192.168.101.x and .102.x (2.4g and 5g) am I correct I'd also need an entry like my LAN above, for each of those if I wanted all their traffic to go through the VPN?
Interesting there isn't a "Redirect Internet Traffic" setting for Wireguard like OpenVPN has.

Thanks, that fixed the issue.

On the Local IP pulldown I see all the routers clients, so I used 192.168.50.1/24 which should get all clients using the LAN.
I have a guest network 192.168.101.x and .102.x (2.4g and 5g) am I correct I'd also need an entry like my LAN above, for each of those if I wanted all their traffic to go through the VPN?
Interesting there isn't a "Redirect Internet Traffic" setting for Wireguard like OpenVPN has.
Giving the fact that they are different subnets, I would say yes, you need to add an entry for each of them in DNSDirector to redirect all traffic through the VPN.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!