What's new

Asus 4g AC 68U router : isp dhcp not functioning properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kitlam123hk

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my sim card to unlimited usage from my ISP in HK. I found that the error "isp dhcp not functioning properly" which stops me from using tethering, I wonder if there is any proper setting can solve the problem.

I have done some researches before, that some says the ISP bans your devices if your devices are not mobile phone, but some also says they succeed with other router such as Netgear M1(on the same ISP unlimited usage plan).

I am new to this forum, I wish I can learn some networking knowledge here or maybe better, someone has experienced the same can tell me what to do.

Steve Lam

I have used an Android phone with a USB cable attached to the USB2 port on the router. Phone Connections Tethering turned on and router dual wan turned on. Worked well until I got my FIOS connection.

I am not sure what went wrong, It seems like I messed up the configuration but don't know the root cause. Please advise if anyone knows something.

Thank you.

Steve

Attachments

• fail.png
    fail.png
    388.1 KB · Views: 213

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!