What's new

asus ac68u router voltage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

so what do you think the asus ac68u can work on 19V 1 A in this ups or not ?

I personally won't recommend any of those DC power banks. It's not a UPS, it's just a no-name power bank with different output voltages, with questionable quality and capacity of the battery used, most likely with much lower real capacity. And NO... 19V 1A is NOT what RT-AC68U router needs as power supply. It needs 19V 1.75A as per specifications.

I would say for the price of $19 its worth a try for small buget.
But if you are from Iraq there might be better local workarounds, use an old 12V car battery with charger for it and a boost up voltage converter for 12V input, 4A current and fix 19V output or adjustable output 18-24V (or 12-32V what you find).
A simple 18V or 24V can do the switchover, connect coil of relay to Asus power adapter output. Reley connectors shall switch router input from Asus adapter while mains power is on and switch to car battery while main fails. Relay might be fast enough to have no reboot while switching, at least it will be on again after a minute.

It doesnt need 1.75A, I measured power and it is about 15W (less than 1A), far below 20W all the time - if you dont use USB ports. USB needs about 10W while powering on with HDD, thats why they use 1.75A adapter.

Last edited:
I personally won't recommend any of those DC power banks. It's not a UPS, it's just a no-name power bank with different output voltages, with questionable quality and capacity of the battery used, most likely with much lower real capacity. And NO... 19V 1A is NOT what RT-AC68U router needs as power supply. It needs 19V 1.75A as per specifications.

Then the best solution is to buy a normal ups like these which used for computer ( like 850 av or 1500 av UPS)

I would say for the price of $19 its worth a try for small buget.
But if you are from Iraq there might be better local workarounds, use an old 12V car battery with charger for it and a boost up voltage converter for 12V input, 4A current and fix 19V output or adjustable output 18-24V (or 12-32V what you find).
A simple 18V or 24V can do the switchover, connect coil of relay to Asus power adapter output. Reley connectors shall switch router input from Asus adapter while mains power is on and switch to car battery while main fails. Relay might be fast enough to have no reboot while switching, at least it will be on again after a minute.

It doesnt need 1.75A, I measured power and it is about 15W (less than 1A), far below 20W all the time - if you dont use USB ports. USB needs about 10W while powering on with HDD, thats why they use 1.75A adapter.

I do know how to make this ups . I think I will buy a normal ups used for computers

It doesnt need 1.75A, I measured power and it is about 15W (less than 1A), far below 20W all the time - if you dont use USB ports. USB needs about 10W while powering on with HDD, thats why they use 1.75A adapter.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the asus ac68u need 1A only . That is good thing

yes as long as you dont connect anything to USB ports.
You could make the measurement on your own ;)

Standard 230V UPS might be better anyway and you can use it for other stuff too!

As I have said more than once, I don't know. You are trying to run the router from something that can only supply 57% of the stated requirement. It might work, it might not.

sorry , I bother you , Do use this router the asus ac68u ? how is it ? what is its coverage or range ? what is the strength of the processor ?

I live in 270 square metres home

You may need more than just one router to cover 270 sq.m. area, in case you want to cover the entire area. This is a completely different conversation.

I wouldn’t see what not. Not sure what your voltage is in Australia but here in the USA it’s 110v. The router gets the 19v from the power adapter not what is supplied to it, as long as it is more than 19v.
The concern I would have is the amperage. Will your ups have enough amps?
How do you know that he lives in Australia just curious

Lol, I could have sworn it said in his post that he was in Australia. Must have been hallucinating.
It's just that I am from down under so the topic peeked my interest
I bought my rt ac 88 u from us amazon and it came with a huge plug affair so I assumed that it was the power converter but I wasn't sure what it changed the power from and to

It's just that I am from down under

Relative to us you guys walk on the ceiling of your homes, your ocean is upside down and when you flush the toiled the water rotates in the wrong direction, so some other oddities are completely normal and expected. Don't worry about it... and don't step on that snake, please.

Relative to us you guys walk on the ceiling of your homes, your ocean is upside down and when you flush the toiled the water rotates in the wrong direction, so some other oddities are completely normal and expected. Don't worry about it... and don't step on that snake, please.
We don't worry about the snakes the crocs usually eat them before they get us now getting away from the crocs that's another messy ball of wax

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!