What's new

ASUS announces the new Quad-Band ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 ushering in 10GbE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I have not had or seen a problem with @Tech9. We are all entitled to our opinions and can have a decent conversation. The problem that is coming up, is you have disagreed with just about everything anyone has said, and it has felt to me that you are pushing your own opinions/agenda, but I also get where @Tech9 is coming from as there is a saying "Proof is in the pudding". There is no problem in getting excited for tech or expressing what you would like to see in the forums, and of course always helping someone in need if you can, but I did not create this post, say well the AXE16000 is not enough, and they should do more as gamers will buy it no matter the cost. This post was more or less to get opinions on the new router with the thought that at some point it may pave the way for the other hardware, such as 1/2.5/5/10GbE multigig switches to drop further in pricing, etc.

However, to tell someone they are wrong, and through different opinions or views without any proof or evidence, can cause others to fire back in different ways as it does not make sense. Let's try and keep this forum classy and be respectful.

The disagreements involving @Tech9 are almost always with my simple opinions. They almost always have been. If I post an opinion first and another forum member(s) disagrees with it and doesn't provide me with strong evidence that convinces me that my original opinion is flawed then I have no obligation to agree with them.

I posted a very simple opinion in this thread that I wanted a router beyond the capabilities of the AXE16000. It was not a complicated post. I had three forum contributors reply in multiple posts trying to convince me that my wishes of having an Asus router with better specs was somehow unfounded or flawed.

During the replies and back and forth there was an attempt by @Tech9 to knit pick the words I used during my responses such as asking for proof that I recall reading that "many" in this forum upgrade to new latest technology routers from Asus from their previous pro or business equipment. That back and forth became absurd as somehow I had to provide proof of the exact number I recalled reading about.

Then it strayed off topic into other replies trying to convince me that 10/5/2.5GbE ports and then later 1Gb Ethernet is "not needed" or that most people can't afford greater than 1GbE or wouldn't by it. I continued to reply back explaining my original opinion and that high end gamers do pay for the best equipment even if they don't immediately need it. Most of those disagreements with my opinion are also just opinions.

To call my replies to my original posted opinion as somehow not classy or not respectful and that I am somehow not credible or pushing a particular agenda because I strongly hold to my own opinion.... after I have been repeatedly called a "story teller" and other names by @Tech9... I find as not only hypocritical but highly disrespectful in its own right.

Last edited:
after I have been repeatedly called a "story teller" and other names

Incorrect. Read post #30 again carefully. No calling you names either. I've said in post #73 your opinions in this thread are nonsense. It is based on your constant inability to prove your statements, page after page. You avoid answering questions because you have no answer and you feel cornered. This is where your anger and aggressive defense position comes from. The more people disagree with you, the more you attack. This is not needed contribution.

knit pick the words I used

Use the right words. Knit Picks is a brand. Is nitpick what you want to say? Here, this is nitpicking example. A quote with question you can't answer is not. I never quoted words only, but entire sentences. The words are not important, it's the meaning of the entire sentence. You are very comfortable throwing words and sentences about things you don't know or don't remember well. Like me calling you "storyteller", as an example. When/where did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!