What's new

Asus Blue Cave Vs Netgear R6700?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cyn

Occasional Visitor
Asus Blue Cave is fairly new and doesn't have much reviews up due to its new nature. Which would be the best out the two? (both are within my price range due to the black friday deals) I'm trying to pick for coverage and processing. Asus Blue Cave performed quite well during the SNB testing though

If you had to pick between the two, go for the netgear. That specific ASUS router doesn’t have MIMO. Have you had a look at the AC86u? It’s the same price as the netgear router you linked.

Edit: sorry I mixed up the Netgear r7800

If you had to pick between the two, go for the netgear. That specific ASUS router doesn’t have MIMO. Have you had a look at the AC86u? It’s the same price as the netgear router you linked.

Edit: sorry I mixed up the Netgear r7800
Actually the Blue Cave has MU-MIMO, they enabled it with a firmware update. Even with it, would you pick the netgear? Yeah it could be, I can get the Blue Cave for $89.

Blue Cave beats the hell out of my RT-1900P (RT-AC68U) for wireless stability and reach just so you know ... it also looks sexy, lol.

Blue Cave but I will be using it in bridge mode upstairs just for WiFi,
and as my main router I bought a used wired for downstairs, Sophos XG115.