What's new

Asus CM-16 Cable Modem.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KGB7

Very Senior Member
Few months ago I purchased Asus CM-16 cable modem and it has been working flawlessly. Im paying for 200/5 plan with Xfinity and im getting 240/6.

According to Asus website: "Asus CM-16, Pairs perfectly with ASUS signature routers such as RT-AC68U". https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/CM-16/
Im using Asus AC68 router connected to Asus CM-16 modem.

But I can't find any informations, as to why, or the benefits of CM-16 cable modem being "perfectly paired" with an Asus router.

Ive used Motorola cable modems in the past with my Asus AC68 router and I see no difference vs using Asus CM-16 cable modem.

Am I missing an extra option or specific feature by pairing Asus CM-16 with Asus AC68??

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

edit:
I wasn't sure if this is correct place to post the question. If its not, Mods please move it.

It's 'perfectly paired' for Asus, of course. They want to sell you two items instead of just one. ;)

It's 'perfectly paired' for Asus, of course. They want to sell you two items instead of just one. ;)

Oh well. I was hoping there was more to it.

I bought the Asus modem used for half the price. I hope it will last me far longer than Motorola Cable modems, which I used to replace every year for over a decade. I never rented cable modems, instead I would buy a new one at local retail store and 1 year 1month, it would crap out like clock work.
My Boss rents cable modem/wifi router combo from Xfinity and he had to replace them 3 times in the past 5 years. While my Asus AC68 router keeps on working, year after year, countless of flashes to every 3rd party firmware on the market.

I digress.

Im ranting.

Cheers. :)

Last edited: