What's new

Asus DSL-AC51 Custom Firmware Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

I was wondering if there’s a custom firmware available for DSL-AC51 because I don’t feel Asus stock firmware is secure this unit does not have AiProtection and it would be great if I could switch it to Asus Merlin and put on skynet and other scripts. I can’t really find anything online so that is why I ask you people.

As far as I know, no. :(

No, Merlin only supports these models per https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/about

Asuswrt-Merlin officially supports the following router models:

• RT-AC66U_B1 (same firmware as the RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC68U (including revisions C1 and E1)
  • RT-AC68P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC68UF (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC87
  • RT-AC3200
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC3100
  • RT-AC5300
  • RT-AC1900 (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC1900P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC86U (starting with version 382.1)
  • RT-AC2900 (same firmware as RT-AC86U)
  • RT-AX88U
(Note: the U, R and W variants are all supported, as they are the exact same hardware and firmware, only different marketing SKUs or different case color)

No, Merlin only supports these models per https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/about

Asuswrt-Merlin officially supports the following router models:

• RT-AC66U_B1 (same firmware as the RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC68U (including revisions C1 and E1)
  • RT-AC68P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC68UF (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC87
  • RT-AC3200
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC3100
  • RT-AC5300
  • RT-AC1900 (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC1900P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC86U (starting with version 382.1)
  • RT-AC2900 (same firmware as RT-AC86U)
  • RT-AX88U
(Note: the U, R and W variants are all supported, as they are the exact same hardware and firmware, only different marketing SKUs or different case color)
Are there any other custom firmwares that could be used by this unit?

Are there any other custom firmwares that could be used by this unit?
I'm not aware of any but I own and run two 86u units. Google or try other forums to see if others have the same question.

I'm not aware of any but I own and run two 86u units. Google or try other forums to see if others have the same question.
Well that kinda sucks that theres like no custom firmware for this unit.

Though is it possible to still install skynet script on stock firmware because i really care about online security and i think Skynet does do a good job.

I ditched the dsl-ac88u after only about 6 months for the same reason, asus stock firmware for these models is just trash.

Do yourself a favour, get rid of it and replace it with a rmerlin supported model, you won't regret it.

I ditched the dsl-ac88u after only about 6 months for the same reason, asus stock firmware for these models is just trash.

Do yourself a favour, get rid of it and replace it with a rmerlin supported model, you won't regret it.
well i just bought it two days ago because i needed a modem our one from provider is [not good].

Last edited by a moderator: