What's new

Asus firmware update notice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JimH

Occasional Visitor
All - Just received an alert from Asus stating a new firmware update (version 3.0.0.4.380.4180).

I recently completed the update for 380.64_2 (Asuswrt-Merlin). RT-AC3100.

Does this recent update cover what Asus is describing as a security issue, or will a subsequent update/alert be rolling out soon?

Thanks,
Jim

Dear RT-AC5300 / RT-AC88U / RT-AC3100 / RT-AC3200 / RT-AC87U / RT-AC87R users,

We have released a new firmware version (version 3.0.0.4.380.4180) for your wireless router. This new firmware version includes important bug fixes and security updates that address software vulnerabilities and protect against unauthorized access to or modification of your wireless router. You can easily update to this new firmware version by using the ASUSWRT web interface – just click Administration and then click Firmware Upgrade. A step-by-step guide for this simple procedure is available online at:
https://www.asus.com/Microsite/2015/networks/routerfirmware_update/

To improve privacy protection and guard your wireless router against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction from malware, phishing, and other malicious actions, we strongly recommend that you:

(1) Install this new firmware version on your router immediately.
(2) Always keep your router up to date with the latest firmware version.

If you choose not to install this new firmware version we strongly recommend that you log out of the ASUSWRT web interface, close any open browser windows and restart your browser to provide increased protection against unauthorized access to your router.

If the model name of your wireless router is not RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC3200, RT-AC87U, RT-AC87R, or if you have already installed the latest firmware version, please disregard this notice.

Best regards,
ASUS Development team | ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

line.jpg

Here are the technical details of the changes in the new firmware version:

RT-AC5300 / RT-AC88U / RT-AC3100 / RT-AC3200 / RT-AC87U / RT-AC87R Security Updates
Version 3.0.0.4.380.4180

Security Fixes
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2j to fix security issues.
- Updated Dropbear SSH to 2016.74 to fixe security issues.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding XSS.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CSRF.
- Added protection for Brute-force attack.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed Chrome, Edge and IE compatibility issues.
- Fixed quick internet setting wizard compatibility issues.
- Fixed NAT issue caused by UPnP media server.
- Fixed dual wan issues in PPPoE or PPTP or L2TP + DHCP environment.
- Fixed AiCloud related issues.

Modifications
- Updated NAT Acceleration setting help message.
- Supported Google DDNS .
- Modified the Quick Internet Setting wizard behavior to enhance compatibility.
- Enabled smart sync under AP/Media Bridge.
- Supported new 3G/LTE USB dongle, Docomo L-03D.

380.64 was based on GPL 3831/3841. 380.65 is based on GPL 4180.

I can't see 4180 no matter which way I look even if I set that I will accept beta software. There is nothing new on my router admin or the download page.

I can't see 4180 no matter which way I look even if I set that I will accept beta software. There is nothing new on my router admin or the download page.

That's because there's no release based on 4180 for the RT-AC68U. 4164 is the latest release for this model. If you look at the Email the previous user posted, the RT-AC68U is not listed in it.

Asus doesn't update all models with the same firmware version at the same time.

That's because there's no release based on 4180 for the RT-AC68U. 4164 is the latest release for this model. If you look at the Email the previous user posted, the RT-AC68U is not listed in it.

Asus doesn't update all models with the same firmware version at the same time.
Thanks

Does anyone know how to officially log bugs with asus about their router firmware? The last two revs have a lot of issues with MFC brother and HP scanners, amongst other things, but email does not seem to reach the router people and calling tech support is seems to be a kafka play....I'd love to have an offical channel to write things up and send to them.

Does anyone know how to officially log bugs with asus about their router firmware? The last two revs have a lot of issues with MFC brother and HP scanners, amongst other things, but email does not seem to reach the router people and calling tech support is seems to be a kafka play....I'd love to have an offical channel to write things up and send to them.

Not sure what address you are sending to but I always use Asus Network Support

Use the Feedback page on the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!