What's new

ASUS GT-AX11000 dropping out? How do I troubleshoot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

same here, first ax11000 problem started after around 6months, its mostly what others have notice, wired and wifi drops, needs to reboot to get it back or i manage to just log in the router and click apply again on the wan, and it gets to a point it wont work already even on/off reboot, then asus sent me a replacment a new one it was ok again, now around the same time again, around 6-7months its buggy again, i think is a hardware issue were it degrades really fast, a mem prob or a cpu?

i notice its the wan thats disconnects but the ui wont show it, or even something i look at the ui and its says internet disconnected but i have internet connection, its buggy

ive read lots of ax11000 have lots of sort of wierd problems some are common to me also

same here, first ax11000 problem started after around 6months, its mostly what others have notice, wired and wifi drops, needs to reboot to get it back or i manage to just log in the router and click apply again on the wan, and it gets to a point it wont work already even on/off reboot, then asus sent me a replacment a new one it was ok again, now around the same time again, around 6-7months its buggy again, i think is a hardware issue were it degrades really fast, a mem prob or a cpu?

i notice its the wan thats disconnects but the ui wont show it, or even something i look at the ui and its says internet disconnected but i have internet connection, its buggy

ive read lots of ax11000 have lots of sort of wierd problems some are common to me also
Interesting you posted this.
since my post in March, I had it replaced by Asus with a 2022 built (v1.1; mine was v1).
Honestly I haven’t tested it yet, since I’m using my old RT-AC5300 as a repeater - and it’s stable if not 30-40% slower.
But I got beaten up in another post, and it took a lot of effort to get an RMA from ASUS…
So you must be imagining things.

My AX11000 (v1.1) drops WAN randomly just like my AC68U (A2) does, but they are otherwise trouble free once setup. Consider how common this problem is for years across so many models w/o explanation and solution, I am inclined to believe ASUS either don't care or their programmers simply suck, and probably both. Can't say I am surprised though as programmers are the least appreciated profession in most corporations.

Last edited:
I am inclined to believe ASUS either don't care or their programmers simply suck, and probably both. Can't say I am surprised though as programmers are the least appreciated profession in most corporations.

Too funny. :)

OE

My AX11000 (v1.1) drops WAN randomly just like my AC68U (A2) does, but they are otherwise trouble free once setup. Consider how common this problem is for years across so many models w/o explanation and solution, I am inclined to believe ASUS either don't care or their programmers simply suck, and probably both. Can't say I am surprised though as programmers are the least appreciated profession in most corporations.

Nah - I think this is a hardware issue.

i dont understand? what do you mean by i might be imagining things?

Ignore it... it's a sarcastic counterpoint to the complaining that precedes it... it does not apply to you, or to anyone else for that matter.

OE

Ignore it... it's a sarcastic counterpoint to the complaining that precedes it... it does not apply to you, or to anyone else for that matter.

OE
Okay.
Yet the harsh feedback of people who have this issue centers around how we're all imaging it, how it's power-related (i.e. our power is damaging our devices), or planned obsolescence (after 3 months)

Last edited:
i think im getting a new router but curently im not so sure anymore if i would get another asus, for you guys what a good or better router to replace the ax11000? brand and model?

The only known router that will be above the GT-AX11000 is the GT-AXE16000.

Today, an Asus router isn't simply another option when buying a 'home' router. It is the only/best choice when all factors are considered. Including, but not limited to, potential RMerlin support, updated/secure code base, long-term support, particularly for popular/higher-end models, and the rich script support available/possible when amtm is included (only via RMerlin firmware).

The only known router that will be above the GT-AX11000 is the GT-AXE16000.

Today, an Asus router isn't simply another option when buying a 'home' router. It is the only/best choice when all factors are considered. Including, but not limited to, potential RMerlin support, updated/secure code base, long-term support, particularly for popular/higher-end models, and the rich script support available/possible when amtm is included (only via RMerlin firmware).
Subjective.
Especially when some (many?) of us are experiencing radio burnout or corrupted embedded code after 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 months.

Okay, let us know what another consumer/prosumer router offers, more than what Asus offers.

Even without the well-known benefits that RMerlin helps put them over the top.

An incomplete list of what I know Asus does above and beyond the competition is below.

• Most extended possible support offered in the industry, with regards to firmware upgrades, security upgrades, and feature upgrades (mostly taken from RMerlin's code).
  • Most up-to-date and therefore secure kernel, code, wireless drivers, and SDKs are used.
  • Performance, stability, and reliability that surpasses others. Even with stock firmware.
  • Very good to great value when bought on sale, vs. the benefits gained (above).
  • Not only RMerlin support but also many, many scripts available for almost any possible need via @thelonelycoder's excellent front end (amtm), without degraded performance if the scripts aren't in use either.

Sure, a $50 router may perform superficially better and seem more stable. But it is also doing so much less work too.

When the security, features and options, support, superior code/kernels, and all the other benefits are considered, Asus has no peers that I've been able to buy, test, compare and recommend above what they offer.

Not all models are stellar, of course. No manufacturer lays gold all the time.

And sure there are reports of some units failing before their time. But without knowing the context of the total sales of those units, I feel the failure rate is low, vs. the quantities sold.

So which router(s) do you feel offer a better experience with the same or better features/options and all the benefits above from the link below?

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021

Okay, let us know what another consumer/prosumer router offers, more than what Asus offers.

Even without the well-known benefits that RMerlin helps put them over the top.

An incomplete list of what I know Asus does above and beyond the competition is below.

• Most extended possible support offered in the industry, with regards to firmware upgrades, security upgrades, and feature upgrades (mostly taken from RMerlin's code).
  • Most up-to-date and therefore secure kernel, code, wireless drivers, and SDKs are used.
  • Performance, stability, and reliability that surpasses others. Even with stock firmware.
  • Very good to great value when bought on sale, vs. the benefits gained (above).
  • Not only RMerlin support but also many, many scripts available for almost any possible need via @thelonelycoder's excellent front end (amtm), without degraded performance if the scripts aren't in use either.

Sure, a $50 router may perform superficially better and seem more stable. But it is also doing so much less work too.

When the security, features and options, support, superior code/kernels, and all the other benefits are considered, Asus has no peers that I've been able to buy, test, compare and recommend above what they offer.

Not all models are stellar, of course. No manufacturer lays gold all the time.

And sure there are reports of some units failing before their time. But without knowing the context of the total sales of those units, I feel the failure rate is low, vs. the quantities sold.

So which router(s) do you feel offer a better experience with the same or better features/options and all the benefits above from the link below?

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021
I hear you - were all Asus owners. I’ve owned over a dozen, and recommended and/or installed over 100 for clients. The first to sting me (badly) was an AC3200, two of which I dismantled after they burned out after months.

So some have soured based on some pretty major (non subjective) issues. AC5300 appears to have recovered from similar issues to the AX11000 (after numerous factory resets and Merlin 386.5). GT-AC5300 is a great main router.

And I’m close to turning on ai-mesh - but I really want wired backhaul, which will cost me a ton.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!