What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (2023/05/12)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would like to clarify what you did. When you flashed 3.0.0.6.102_21514, you then immediately restored your settings from 3.0.0.4.388.23285 and went on from there?

Just as an example, when I flashed from 3.0.0.4.388.23285 to 3.0.0.6.102_21514, I did a full factory reset using the "Administration" menu with the "extra reset" box checked. Then manually restored my settings. Since then, 3.0.0.6.102_21514 has worked perfectly for me. If this is what you did, then never mind *smile*, our home networks are apparently different.

I do agree, though, 3.0.0.4.388.23285 is one of the most stable firmware releases I've used, but getting a little long in the tooth *smile*.
I used ASUS iPhone app to update firmware to 21514, and it broke router immediately. I recover it several times, once I upload my saved settings after recovering, it would be flashing red light immediately. I had to manually setup again, and it works. Then I found that the iPhone app can no longer connect to router. I reinstalled the app and it cannot detect router.

I downgrade to 23285 and it works immediately, everything.

once I upload my saved settings after recovering, it would be flashing red light immediately.
That's your error - uploading settings from a different version. Flash the new version, reset using the WPS button, then get the WiFi, internet ang gui password setup to get a stable system. Once up and connected you should rebuild all your other settings manually. Don't restore from a previous version.

That's your error - uploading settings from a different version. Flash the new version, reset using the WPS button, then get the WiFi, internet ang gui password setup to get a stable system. Once up and connected you should rebuild all your other settings manually. Don't restore from a previous version.
Never need to do that for years.

Plus, even after doing that, iPhone still can not detect router.

Don't use any app for setup. Do it securely within the gui. The app probably needs updating. Besides, it's not secure enough for my liking.

None the less, you're going from a 3.0.0.4.388 firmware version to a whole new code line of firmware. Not just a change from 3.0.0.4.386.x to 3.0.0.4.388.x, but a change from 3.0.0.4.xxx to 3.0.0.6.xxx. No telling how the settings from the 3.0.0.4 map into that for the 3.0.0.6 firmware. Or how the defaults map over such a major change in firmware.

And yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the updates to the Asus Router app would lag such a major change.

Hope this makes sense...these major firmware family changes seldom happen, but when they do, watch out *smile*.

Last edited:
I don't set up or configure from the app, just update firmware...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!