What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (2023/05/12)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's not always simply the frequencies used, the other variable is allowed power level, which can vary from region to region.
Correct

I wouldn’t want an ACMA van driving past your place with their antenna scanning the local frequency spectrum - and detecting something unauthorised.

They can issue a fine.

ACMA = Australian Communications and Media Authority

Correct

I wouldn’t want an ACMA van driving past your place with their antenna scanning the local frequency spectrum - and detecting something unauthorised.

They can issue a fine.

ACMA = Australian Communications and Media Authority
thanks for the heads up. I will look into it. also I have changed to Australian region and getting 2 extra new channels of WiFi on 2.4GHz band

Had minor issue come up on restarting the router, it would hang and not reconnect to the internet for about 1 minute. Transferring files to my NAS would lag on startup and half way through connection would drop to 0. I did not do a factory reset when i installed the current firmware, but i did one now and all is back to normal. Not sure if it was related to not factory resetting after the upgrade, but it works again and that's what matters.

No thanks.
After such an awful experience with constant wifi drops in the April update, and no mention of any stability fixes, I'm not gonna even bother.

Just downgraded to 386 as my "new firmware release", and finally enjoying some free time not trying to reconnect 50+ devices.

...please forgive my cynicism.

which version is that, the last 386 one : 3.0.0.4.386.49556? Did you end up dabbling with this newer firmware?

Been working well for me. No problems, just keeps on cruising *smile*. Did a factory reset after the upgrade, but I was coming from 388.2_2, so I felt that it was appropriate.

I noticed you dabbled as well with 386 builds after some bad luck with certain 388 ones, do you still recommend this latest one for stability?
3.0.0.4.388_23285
Indeed, very stable firmware.

still no issues?

Also- do any of you guys do RMerlin or stay the official path? curious

--
I got my GT-AX6000 (A1, made in Taiwan, US model from Amazon) yesterday and been a really nice upgrade from GS-AX3000 I've had for a bit (you would agree, right? and its to cover 1500 sq feet and 1 floor so probably wont even bother with aiMesh) but on the firmware it came on:
3.0.0.4.388_22068, sadly I got a reboot in just <24h so I updated to this latest version and hope it stays nice and stable.

my GS-AX3000 had really solid uptime, and I still have it in case AX6000 doesn't work out but loving the range of this router and think its making internet zippier even at short ranges. Plus wanted more reach for 2.4 to outside ring cameras

Last edited:
I had no issues during the time I used 23285, it was stable. Used it for a couple of periods, a week, then a couple of weeks.

I do change firmware fairly frequently compared to some, prefer that to fidget widgets *smile*. Generally speaking, the minimum I'll keep a firmware version is a week. If I don't have any problems in a week, and I look at the system log, etc. pretty regularly, that version gets my stamp of approval *smile*.

Right now I'm using the latest 3.0.0.6 Beta version (9.0.0.6), since I'm thinking about creating a VLAN for my security cameras and need that version. The Beta's been working well for me, also. I'm very unlikely to go back to 3.0.0.4.386 series firmware because I want all the security fixes and enhancements that came later. And, as I said, 23285 has been stable for me, an excellent release, and it has all the latest, so I don't have to go backwards.

Hey Guys I am trying to understand these logs. I have official firmware running and I just reset the router using WPS and power button. why it's showing Merlin Support log in router's system log ?

Attachments

• 16865654799281252328422029625391.jpg
    16865654799281252328422029625391.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 77
why it's showing Merlin Support log in router's system log ?
Because that's the internal name Broadcom uses for that network switch.

Because that's the internal name Broadcom uses for that network switch.
thanks for reply. I wasn't sure if that was left over from last Merlin firmware I used🙂
one more thing I noticed is system log is showing start date from 5th of May everytime I reset the router. is that normal?

Yes, that is normal.

sorta unrelated to this fw, but still related to gt-ax6000 - do you guys think this is the superior model to ax11000 / rt-axe7800 for range, performance - comparing wifi 5/6 capabilities? I know the two alternatives have have flashy 6E, but discounting that ax6000 does not and comparing the functionality between them.

since those other two models are in a similar price range

I'm happy with my purchase tho so far from GS-AX3000 as mentioned before :D this (gt-ax6000) seems like a popular one in this forum

It's different horses for different courses! Do I need a router that has an extra 5GHz or 6GHz band? Personally, I don't. But if I were in a place where 5GHz is saturated I might well be looking at that 6GHz band - once there are clients for it...

still no issues?

Also- do any of you guys do RMerlin or stay the official path? curious
Still no issues. Official Firmware for me, no Merlin. Never felt any added benefits to me using Merlin Firmware with these new routers. The last Merlin Firmware I used that I did feel it made the router better was back then when I had the AC68U. I feel ASUS' firmware now has gotten much better.

With all due respect to Merlin and his hard efforts.

Still no issues. Official Firmware for me, no Merlin. Never felt any added benefits to me using Merlin Firmware with these new routers. The last Merlin Firmware I used that I did feel it made the router better was back then when I had the AC68U. I feel ASUS' firmware now has gotten much better.

With all due respect to Merlin and his hard efforts.
I used it all the time until AIMesh came out, then I could never get it to work with Merlin. I tried everything and it just doesn't seem to work so now I am back on 'official' versions.

Top most feature of Merlin firmware is the WiFi log, it's simply the best, user friendly. The one we have on stock is an ugly monster. All other things is just like packages update, some hot vulnerability fixes and just fixes because of packages update.
IMHO

whats the beefiest uptime one of you guys has gotten with this router?

I've been running the 9.0.0.6.102.4256 beta on two GT-AX6000s since almost the day it was released. I've purposely rebooted my routers a few times because I was experimenting with settings that require a reboot, but its been 100% stable between the reboots. Current uptime is 21 days.

Hey Guys. did any of us experimented tweaking around with TX power settings eg: toggling between Power saving, Fair, Balanced, Good, Performance ?
I noticed smooth wifi connection/Range on Balanced settings However it could be due to router rebooting once you change and apply those settings.
I needed to reset my router after that cause GUI was showing some Binary texts instead of normal Menu layout after sometime when I was trying them settings on different power levels.
did any of us tried tweaking these settings..
Just Curious

whats the beefiest uptime one of you guys has gotten with this router?

I've had over a month of uptime on one or another firmware version...but on the whole, I usually end up trying something that causes me to have to reboot. Or installing new firmware when it comes out. Prevents me from accumulating a lot of uptime. This router has been very solid when running decent firmware, best hardware I've had. Also, Asus firmware for this router has been really good on the whole, couple of firmware revisions that haven't been solid, but mostly very functional.

I've had over a month of uptime on one or another firmware version...but on the whole, I usually end up trying something that causes me to have to reboot. Or installing new firmware when it comes out. Prevents me from accumulating a lot of uptime. This router has been very solid when running decent firmware, best hardware I've had. Also, Asus firmware for this router has been really good on the whole, couple of firmware revisions that haven't been solid, but mostly very functional.

good to know thanks! even though I wouldnt mind being on a constant upgrade cycle as new fw comes out, I dont like fixing what aint broken

so far 3+ days uptime on latest, where I got a reboot under <24h on
3.0.0.4.388_22068

Hi, I am new and need help. I installed this beta version manually som months ago and stuck with this 9.0.0.6.102_4856-g8178ee0. I tried uploading the latest firmware but this still appeared on the webgui. How to work around this? Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!