What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (2023/05/12)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Welcome to the forums @williamooi.

Verify that you have downloaded the correct firmware for your model. Be sure you unzip it and compare the hashes to ensure the download wasn't corrupted.

Restart the computer you're using to perform the update with. Note that 'Restart' is not the same thing as 'Shutdown'.

Do you have any USB devices connected to the router? Safely remove them via the GUI, physically remove them from the router, then reboot the router via the GUI. You should now be able to flash the firmware you want.

With no USB devices, reboot the router via the GUI, and then flash the firmware you want.

If the above doesn't work, try an electrical reset. Leave the power button 'on', on the router. Unplug the power cord from the router and the AC wall outlet. Wait a few minutes and plug them in again. See if flashing the firmware you want works now.

Finally, if none of the above works, you may need to do a full reset to factory defaults. Use the appropriate method for your router from the link below.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forums @williamooi.

Verify that you have downloaded the correct firmware for your model. Be sure you unzip it and compare the hashes to ensure the download wasn't corrupted.

Restart the computer you're using to perform the update with. Note that 'Restart' is not the same thing as 'Shutdown'.

Do you have any USB devices connected to the router? Safely remove them via the GUI, physically remove them from the router, then reboot the router via the GUI. You should now be able to flash the firmware you want.

With no USB devices, reboot the router via the GUI, and then flash the firmware you want.

If the above doesn't work, try an electrical reset. Leave the power button 'on', on the router. Unplug the power cord from the router and the AC wall outlet. Wait a few minutes and plug them in again. See if flashing the firmware you want works now.

Finally, if none of the above works, you may need to do a full reset to factory defaults. Use the appropriate method for your router from the link below.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your quick response. I will try this out during the weekends.

Unfortunately, yes.

I don't mind that the UI is generally atrocious, but is there an easy way to get rid of diablo 3 / overwatch tracking from main menu on stock fw?

lol

I've never heard of that type of tracking on a router before. Show some screenshots and provide further information of how you've setup the router and how you're using it.

1686886169227.png

It’s a pane on main menu when going to asusrouter.com

That's not tracking. That is called 'stats'. :)

The RMerlin firmware doesn't show such garish information when connected via a browser via a PC (I don't recommend viewing/controlling your router via any app at all).

And, I'm pretty sure you agreed to allow it to do so, even if it is 'tracking' you (it's not on by default).

X’s
This is what game radar is about:

It isn't tracking you, it's for optimizing your access to game servers. You use it if and when you want to, it's passive relative to you otherwise.

I wouldnt care so much about it if it didnt display games I dont even play and outdated ones at that lol

But I guess if its of no consequence, it can stay and add to the hideous menus :D

--

Also 5 days and 6 hours uptime so far wooo since updating to this latest firmware, I think we got a keeper but I'd probably like to give it a week extra to be sure

Thank you for your quick response. I will try this out during the weekends.
Successfully upgraded to latest firmware from beta. Only did this - "Restart the computer you're using to perform the update with. Note that 'Restart' is not the same thing as 'Shutdown'." Thanks.

When a PC has been on for many days/weeks/months, it may get into a state where it seems to respond to input, but doesn't.

A Restart (not Shutdown, then just start up/power up), brings up the OS 'fresh', and it should be operating as expected then.

If you bring up Task Manager, you can see at the bottom the 'Up time'. In Days: Hours: Minutes: Seconds. If using the computer intensively for even a short time (a few hours), a reboot can often help the system feel faster (i.e. less latency) and work as expected.

ughhh just jinxed it, got a reboot after 20 some odd days

is this cause of concern or just is what it is?

wondering if its worth doing a hardware swap or not

I have like 9 days left to decide, but I have a feeling I get another unit and it will do same thing. Probably just some software quirks.

did have data share agreement in Admin->privacy on and revoked it, heard lots of related bloated services to that that can be unstable across fw for multiple models, but just parroting what I skimmed here

Last edited:
I've been running the 9.0.0.6.102.4256 beta on two GT-AX6000s since almost the day it was released. I've purposely rebooted my routers a few times because I was experimenting with settings that require a reboot, but its been 100% stable between the reboots. Current uptime is 21 days.

Still good uptime or get a reboot?

The new 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is buggy, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.23285.

New firmware broke the router immediately after I updated firmware. I had to press WPS to recover. But every time I upload my previous setting it would brick again. I had to reset and setup the router again, and then the iPhone ASUS app cannot detect the router. I reverted back and it works fine now.

The new 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is buggy, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.23285.

New firmware broke the router immediately after I updated firmware. I had to press WPS to recover. But every time I upload my previous setting it would brick again. I had to reset and setup the router again, and then the iPhone ASUS app cannot detect the router. I reverted back and it works fine now.

Would like to clarify what you did. When you flashed 3.0.0.6.102_21514, you then immediately restored your settings from 3.0.0.4.388.23285 and went on from there?

Just as an example, when I flashed from 3.0.0.4.388.23285 to 3.0.0.6.102_21514, I did a full factory reset using the "Administration" menu with the "extra reset" box checked. Then manually restored my settings. Since then, 3.0.0.6.102_21514 has worked perfectly for me. If this is what you did, then never mind *smile*, our home networks are apparently different.

I do agree, though, 3.0.0.4.388.23285 is one of the most stable firmware releases I've used, but getting a little long in the tooth *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!