What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34791

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommie

New Around Here
ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34791

61.73 MB
2024/05/22

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Added new iptv profile NowTV.
- Resolved AiMesh-related issues to provide stable backhaul connection.
- Resolved GUI issues to ensure that the user interface is even more user-friendly.
- Updated server list of game radar.
- Fixed client traffic monitor card.
- Fixed v6plus related issues.
- Added OCN support.
- Added Ds-Lite support.
- Fixed the registration failure after reboot when using account based DDNS.
- Fixed the issue that did not send report operation after acquiring the MAP rules.
- Fixed getting IPv6 address if setting hinet MOD mesh even DUT disable IPv6.
- Fixed an issue where DHCP discover packets were not being filtered when the hinet MOD mesh IPTV profile was set.
- Fixed offline RE can't be removed successfully.
- Fixed 5GHz WiFi LED control radio disabled case.
- Fixed DDNS server error occurs when registering DDNS with app.-
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP Mode Issue.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Resolved Wi-Fi connectivity issues on Android 14.
- Fixed an issue where the system would reboot when parental control had empty enabled rules for a client.
- Fixed various issues related to AiCloud functionality.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities.
- Fixed command Injection Issue after authentication.
- Fixed code execution in custom OVPN.
- Fixed CVE-2023-48795, CVE-2023-41913
- Implemented a workaround patch for CVE-2023-5678 & CVE-2024-0727.
- Addressed a stack buffer overflow vulnerability in the WPS method on ASUS router devices to enhance security.
- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed the ARP poisoning vulnerability.
- Fixed code execution in custom OVPN.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow in lighttpd.
- Fixed the XSS and Self-reflected HTML injection vulnerability.
*Please be advised that due to a security upgrade in AiMesh, we strongly recommend against downgrading to previous firmware versions, as this may lead to connection issues. Should you encounter any difficulties, resetting the AiMesh router to its default settings and re-establishing the mesh connection can resolve the problem.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 2821fd035399dce9c5bc98210324d749ac1c547628f40a92431440071e38e9ef

https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax6000-model/helpdesk_bios/
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AX6000/FW_GT_AX6000_300610234791.zip?model=GT-AX6000

This is exciting. I may not run stock Asuswrt anymore, but I am glad to see the hardware getting a little bit of long-awaited love from Asus.

If they had released a GPL source, RMerlin would have it already.

well lets see!

quick test vpn fusion/wireguard work perfect, guest network pro - vpn network work perfect.
Great job Asus.

and some things got a new, fugly ROG UI with square instead of round sliders.
CSS bug, they use a webkit attribute that is no longer supported instead of a background-image for the add_icon class. Noticed the same thing here while working on this, should be an easy fix for Asus since the non-ROG CSS does not have the same issue.

I have 3.0.0.6.102_21514 which had been up 84 days and tried to update to the new firmware using the iOS app, but it failed. I tried again and watched the router and it never restarted so the update process using the app appears broken.

I then tried the Router's web page and that is also having problems. It can't download the release notes and the firmware update button took a long time to do anything before display "Firmware Download..." which stayed there. I gave up after about 10 minutes and rebooted the router.

After rebooting, I tried checking for the firmware again and it said it couldn't connect to the ASUS server and to upgrade manually.

Did anyone update using the router's update mechanism?

Edit:

I tried again a few minutes after rebooting and it updated successfully.

Last edited:
What is this page for that pops up after upgrading? You must agree or disagree to access the router.
Is that the Trend Micro agreement? I don't want to agree to that, but it says you won't get updates without agreeing.

There's a link to a policy page in the notice, but the link is broken.

1716503139313.png

What is this page for that pops up after upgrading? You must agree or disagree to access the router.
Is that the Trend Micro agreement? I don't want to agree to that, but it says you won't get updates without agreeing.

There's a link to a policy page in the notice, but the link is broken.

View attachment 58908

Just hit disagree and update your router manually. I would never agree to any of that crap, if it was forced i would by a different router brand. I can only assume we will not see this in any 3.0.0.6 Merlin builds.

Last edited:
Well this update permanently enabled Malicious Sites Blocking, Two-Way IPS and Infected Device Prevention and Blocking, even though AI Protection is off. It looks like I would need to enable AI Protection and agree to the Trend Micro agreement in order to be able to turn the features off.

That or the UI is messed up, though scanning for risks says they are enabled and the admin -> firmware update page has a toggle for security updates, which is currently enabled.

Is anyone else seeing this?

1716506267327.png

The ASUS iOS app shows all AI Protection services disabled, so it seems like a website UI bug in the firmware.

The test URLs are blocked for me and my settings are now as shown in post #14.
Did you included the AIProtection toggle at the top?

Mine is off, if I go to enable it I get a Trend Micro agreement which I declined so it’s still off.

The tests sites like http://wrs41.winshipway.com/ are not being blocked by the router for me.

They’re dimmed because AiProtection is disabled overall.
Yes, but they are dimmed and showing as on. When I click the router security assessment it says they are on, even though they aren’t.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!