What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34791

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you included the AIProtection toggle at the top?

Mine is off, if I go to enable it I get a Trend Micro agreement which I declined so it’s still off.

The tests sites like http://wrs41.winshipway.com/ are not being blocked by the router for me.

Yes, double checked and AIProtection is off, the three other items shown in post #14 are enabled and dimmed out, and the test web sites are blocked.

11 months and three days to be precise...

It's working fine, but some things are still not optimised for the ROG UI and some things got a new, fugly ROG UI with square instead of round sliders. 🤷‍♂️
Clear browser data for router homepage ip. You will also get better ROG background which is smoother than previous jute texture.

Last edited:
Have you already tested the new Asus ADGuard function?

I don’t see an “ADGuard” setting anywhere.
It doesn't seem to do anything anyhow. Never managed to get that to work.
Changing to their DNS seems to filter some ads, but the special AdGuard paid for VPN thingie doesn't in my experience.
I have their Ad Blocker on my PC and phone and it works on most ads, but far from all and it's no longer able to block all the trash on FB and Twitter, which makes both platforms really annoying to use.

quick test vpn fusion/wireguard work perfect, guest network pro - vpn network work perfect.
Great job Asus.
i encounter the same VPN fusion/wireguard issue in last version. been turning off that due to the issue. glad to hear that!

tried to update to the new firmware using the iOS app, but it failed. I tried again and watched the router and it never restarted so the update process using the app appears broken.
No problem here, just did one on iOS app for a router 1,700km away, seamless.

FB and Twitter are annoying to use.

Whether ads are blocked or not.

Parental Controls -> AdGuard tab

Tried to read more about it by clicking the FAQ link in the help popup, but like the privacy policy link it goes to a non-existent page. You’d think ASUS would have working links in a just released firmware.

FB and Twitter are annoying to use.

Whether ads are blocked or not.
I deleted my Facebook account years ago after it turned into a spam platform not social media anymore

Can't update from 3.0.0.6.102_21514, via app/web ui/manually.
Hash checked.
I rebooted several times but it still not works.

Give us some more information to work with.

What do you have connected via USB?

What features and options do you have enabled?

Have you tried unplugging everything from the router, reboot (pull the power plug, wait a minute, then plug it in), waiting 10 minutes to allow the router to settle down, then attempt to flash again (only via the GUI)?

Curious when the last time you fully reset your router? What firmware is it on? Did you use a saved backup config file to set it up initially? From which model router? Which firmware?

If the above doesn't work, look at my previous few posts for the link to prepare your router for a major firmware update, complete those steps, and fully reset your router and try flashing it again.

I don't know if I miss something.. I did a full reset when installed this new fw. But I cant get vpn server working so I can get access to my router from anywhere. I've activated wireguard, I created a profile and took a photo of qr code in wireguard app in my android phone. When I activate the vpn in the phone I can see in router im logged in but I'm not able to reach anything. It's not even possible to surf at all. What am I missing..

Give us some more information to work with.

What do you have connected via USB?

What features and options do you have enabled?

Have you tried unplugging everything from the router, reboot (pull the power plug, wait a minute, then plug it in), waiting 10 minutes to allow the router to settle down, then attempt to flash again (only via the GUI)?

Curious when the last time you fully reset your router? What firmware is it on? Did you use a saved backup config file to set it up initially? From which model router? Which firmware?

If the above doesn't work, look at my previous few posts for the link to prepare your router for a major firmware update, complete those steps, and fully reset your router and try flashing it again.
My English is not so good, so sorry for my rudeness.
No other devices plugged, and I set it up initially. Only DDNS and Guest Net Pro is enabled.
Current firmware is 3.0.0.6.102_21514.
When I update the firmware, a message appeared after uploading:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.
I verified the checksum and it's correct.
1.png
2.png

I will try to do a full reset later.

Last edited:
Before doing the full reset, try the other suggestions first.

Before doing the full reset, try the other suggestions first.
I tried update via rescue mode with mini web ui, and get an error message after uploaded the firmware file:

Update failed
Please click on refresh button of your browser to go back to the upload page.
Check U-Boot console for any errors.

Also tried 3.0.0.4_388_23285 and 3.0.0.6_102_21514, the same error.

I think there's something wrong with my router and I will contact customer service later.

Thx for your help.

I tried update via rescue mode with mini web ui, and get an error message after uploaded the firmware file:

Also tried 3.0.0.4_388_23285 and 3.0.0.6_102_21514, the same error.

I think there's something wrong with my router and I will contact customer service later.

Thx for your help.
On a little tangent - do you definitely have a GT-AX6000, or are you seeing just AX6000 witten somewhere and assuming there's a GT in front? It's easy to do - my RT-AX88U says AX6000 on the box as well as the model number.
Excuse me if I'm way off, but we do see newer users confusing model with specification.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!