What's new

Asus Merlin Router with Zabbix Agent

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then they must be also mirroring/forwarding the logging to another machine.

Who/why would anyone monitor this in real time? Sounds like an expensive (labor) project.
I like Zabbix and I can see value putting a Zabbix agent on the router for getting live alerts for issues like memory and CPU utilized. You can even monitor processes and services not running.

Is it just when you're monitoring/diagnosing specific bugs/behaviors (and have the knowledge to fix them possibly)? I can't see any normal users using this on a regular basis.

Is it just when you're monitoring/diagnosing specific bugs/behaviors (and have the knowledge to fix them possibly)? I can't see any normal users using this on a regular basis.
It's more of an enterprise tool but if someone wants to use it for their personal environment I don't see why not, it's free to use. No it can notify you in realtime of issues such as CPU overloaded and if it resolves itself or memory too full or if a service / process stopped and isn't running. It's fairly easy to set up and the agent is very lightweight.

I often use it to monitor Internet usage or outages. I monitor some of the router resources, including temp, as well as some services like Adguard, Conmon and NTPMerlin.
Zabbix keeps a history and can plot some nice graphs, which helps to see some anomalous behavior as well.
The standard Entware implementation of the Zabbix Agent is very lightweight and I believe it has minimal impact on the router.

That's why I created the Asus Merlin Zabbix template.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!