What's new

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7979

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone notice that if you do a IP address reservation for any device, that after the change is applied the LAN side network looses internet access until the router is manually rebooted?

Anyone notice that if you do a IP address reservation for any device, that after the change is applied the LAN side network looses internet access until the router is manually rebooted?

Not for me. If I apply a manual IP reservation, I lose internet access & wifi drops for about 30 seconds or so, but then it automatically comes back online again. I don't have to manually reboot. And it doesn't muck up my VPN settings so I assume it doesn't do the equivalent of a full reboot itself.

Ok, maybe I wasn't waiting log in enough. Seemed like after the router was back to ready, things were not working. WAN side should be accessible immediately after the router is back to ready regardless.

Been posting here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?301-ROG-Routers

Thought feedback tab would be another good place to start.

Ok, there's exactly my problem. I desperately need a survival after a reboot. Cause I have devices like front door opener, burglar alarm, security camera's. Suppose I'm on holiday and there's electrical power problem (happens around 3-4 times a year in our neighbourhood) _> as soon as the power comes back my router would boot again but I can't access my devices again with my phone :-(

Just wanted to let you know that I've reported this VPN issue through the Feedback tab on the router interface. I incorporated your feedback and noted that it's mildly frustrating when you're on the local network, but entirely prohibitive if you need to do a remote reboot.

Asked for a fix. I'll let you know if I get any response.

Sadly, however, the acknowledgement message that you receive after submitting feedback doesn't give one a great degree of hope. It read: "We value all feedbacks that we receive. We will use your feedbacks and comments to strive to improve your ASUS experience."

We'll see.

I wish Asus would release firmware updates as frequently as they do for the mobile phone app (IOS).
Port forwarding is a mess after a restart.

Agree , to be honest I’m not impressed with my AX11000. I upgraded from a 68u but not seeing improvements . I understand you need AX clients but I thought the range would have been improved in current clients

And the amount drop connections is a lot.

Maybe should have waited and got the x89x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to let you know that I've reported this VPN issue through the Feedback tab on the router interface. I incorporated your feedback and noted that it's mildly frustrating when you're on the local network, but entirely prohibitive if you need to do a remote reboot.

Asked for a fix. I'll let you know if I get any response.

Sadly, however, the acknowledgement message that you receive after submitting feedback doesn't give one a great degree of hope. It read: "We value all feedbacks that we receive. We will use your feedbacks and comments to strive to improve your ASUS experience."

We'll see.

Just waisted 1 hour playing with Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_7997 (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-ax11000-new-firmware-today-3-0-0-4-384_7997.62782/).

Same problem with VPNfusion, same survival problem after reboot. So back to 3.0.0.4.384.6436.

Just waisted 1 hour playing with Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_7997 (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-ax11000-new-firmware-today-3-0-0-4-384_7997.62782/).

Same problem with VPNfusion, same survival problem after reboot. So back to 3.0.0.4.384.6436.

I just updated my firmware (now on 3.0.0.4.384_8011-gf86f4e8) and this issue has been resolved. My VPN settings survive a reboot!!!

EDIT: I have to add a 'sometimes' to this. It's not consistent. When I rebooted it from the router interface, it seems to do fine and the VPN settings survive and I don't need to do anything further. However, if when turned it off at the plug, it was like before - I have to go in untick, apply, restart, re-tick, apply. I can't say for sure whether I've nailed the issue but, whatever the case, it's not consistent. Sorry. I got excited straight after the update.

Last edited: