What's new

Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Issue - HP LaserJet Printer [SOLVED]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BiggShooter

Regular Contributor
My HP LaserJet Pro 200 (M276nw) is unable to connect to WiFi. This wasn't an issue w/ previous router (XR500) I was using prior to the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. The printer is a 2.4Ghz connection.

I'm getting an error when attempting to connect to WiFi that indicates, "WPA Passphrase is incorrect". I am entering the correct WiFI password. I also updated to the latest firmware for the printer, and it still is unable to connect to WiFi.

Looking for suggestions to troubleshoot the issue.

My HP LaserJet Pro 200 (M276nw) is unable to connect to WiFi. This wasn't an issue w/ previous router (XR500) I was using prior to the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. The printer is a 2.4Ghz connection.

I'm getting an error when attempting to connect to WiFi that indicates, "WPA Passphrase is incorrect". I am entering the correct WiFI password. I also updated to the latest firmware for the printer, and it still is unable to connect to WiFi.

Is your WPA security protocol set as WPA2/WPA3? If yes, switch back to WPA2 and that should take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not apply here but did you try and moving your printer farther away from your router?

I had a problem connecting my echo dot on wifi only when it was within 8 feet or so from the ax11000. When I moved it into the next room it connected fine. I didn't have any problem connecting it with my nighthawk router in the same location before I replaced it with the ax11000 last month.

Just like your situation, it could recognize the 2.4 and 5g networks but it just wouldn't connect. I can connect my printer and computer via wifi fine in the same room as the asus router and even an Echo flex connects fine. Just that echo dot would not connect. Strange...

This may not apply here but did you try and moving your printer farther away from your router?

I had a problem connecting my echo dot on wifi only when it was within 8 feet or so from the ax11000. When I moved it into the next room it connected fine. I didn't have any problem connecting it with my nighthawk router in the same location before I replaced it with the ax11000 last month.

Just like your situation, it could recognize the 2.4 and 5g networks but it just wouldn't connect. I can connect my printer and computer via wifi fine in the same room as the asus router and even an Echo flex connects fine. Just that echo dot would not connect. Strange...
The printer is in a different room, away from the router.

For the last week or so, a friend of mine has been dealing with this exact same issue with an older HP Photosmart D110A and his new AX11000. We tried to connect it to his main SSID which uses WPA2-Personal, but received the same message, "WPA Passphrase is incorrect."

We created a guest network, set its Authentication Method to WPA/WPA2-Personal, its WPA Encryption to AES, and were still unable to connect. Switching the encryption to TKIP+AES made no difference. We gave the WPS PIN Code method a shot, and that didn't work either.

The HP Photosmart D110A only supports 2.4 GHz, so we tried all available Channel Bandwidth options (20/40 MHz, 20 MHz, 40 MHz), as well as Control Channels 1, 6, and 11. Still no connection. We also disabled 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode to no avail.

As a test, we created an Open System guest network without authentication. As expected, the printer connected successfully. So, against my protest, he decided to keep the unsecured guest network, hide its SSID, and Enable MAC Filtering to allow only the printer to connect. He argued that having the printer on the network is essential, and until HP or ASUS offers a true solution, he'll just keep an eye on things.

I don't believe either of your printers support the WPA2 Authentication Method. Without options for WPA, WPA-Personal, or even WEP (<--better than nothing), securely connecting to the AX11000 may be a no go.

User from HP's Forum with the same printer as you solved the issue with WPA only:

Hi - I had the same problem and spent a good week on this one trying every solution I could find.
I have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw. I recently switched some services w. my ISP and they sent me a new router. Upon setting it up, all connections to other devices worked on both the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, all except for the HP printer. The printer worked wirelessly with the previous router.

Fixes attempted included:

• Using the "Wireless Setup Wizard" on the LCD screen
  • Using the WPS (pushbutton method) directly on the router
  • WPS pushbutton after moving the printer closer
  • Logged into the router and tried WPS push button there
  • Also tried WPS PIN method
  • Tried changing the password, setting the channel to manual and electing different channels, resetting the router
  • Using the HP printer utility to set up a USB connected printer wirelessly (both Mac OS and Windows 10)

All failed until I was able to change the security setting to WPA (not WPA2 or WPA-WPA2-Personal). Changing the setting to WPA solved the issue immediately and my printer is now connected to the network and works on all devices! The HP printer will not work on WPA2 at all (at least not mine)

For the last week or so, a friend of mine has been dealing with this exact same issue with an older HP Photosmart D110A and his new AX11000. We tried to connect it to his main SSID which uses WPA2-Personal, but received the same message, "WPA Passphrase is incorrect."

We created a guest network, set its Authentication Method to WPA/WPA2-Personal, its WPA Encryption to AES, and were still unable to connect. Switching the encryption to TKIP+AES made no difference. We gave the WPS PIN Code method a shot, and that didn't work either.

The HP Photosmart D110A only supports 2.4 GHz, so we tried all available Channel Bandwidth options (20/40 MHz, 20 MHz, 40 MHz), as well as Control Channels 1, 6, and 11. Still no connection. We also disabled 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode to no avail.

As a test, we created an Open System guest network without authentication. As expected, the printer connected successfully. So, against my protest, he decided to keep the unsecured guest network, hide its SSID, and Enable MAC Filtering to allow only the printer to connect. He argued that having the printer on the network is essential, and until HP or ASUS offers a true solution, he'll just keep an eye on things.

I don't believe either of your printers support the WPA2 Authentication Method. Without options for WPA, WPA-Personal, or even WEP (<--better than nothing), securely connecting to the AX11000 may be a no go.

User from HP's Forum with the same printer as you solved the issue with WPA only:

Thanks for the information. I can still print wirelessly through my iMac, since it's connected via USB to the printer. Not ideal, but at least it's better than nothing. :)

Ensure the printers FW is up to date which I presume you have already. The printer supports Ethernet connections so I would avoid wifi and connect it via Ethernet. HP Wifi Printers have always been problematic when it comes to WiFi connections. Something with there adapters and security modes working with newer generation routers have been problematic at best.

Or find you a newer generation print server with WiFi that works with USB and newer generation wifi routers:
https://store.hp.com/us/en/SearchDi...ogId=10051&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&pageSize=12

Ensure the printers FW is up to date which I presume you have already. The printer supports Ethernet connections so I would avoid wifi and connect it via Ethernet. HP Wifi Printers have always been problematic when it comes to WiFi connections. Something with there adapters and security modes working with newer generation routers have been problematic at best.

Or find you a newer generation print server with WiFi that works with USB and newer generation wifi routers:
https://store.hp.com/us/en/SearchDi...ogId=10051&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&pageSize=12
I most likely will have to go with a print server since my Asus "ruuta" is not in the same room as my printer.

Also, I checked the Asus System Log and found this:
Jan 30 22:48:39 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:48:43 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 30 22:49:17 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:49:17 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:49:21 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 30 22:49:55 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:49:55 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:49:59 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 30 22:50:33 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:50:33 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:50:37 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 30 22:51:11 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:51:11 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:51:15 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 30 22:51:49 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:51:49 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(455): eth6: Assoc 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 30 22:51:53 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 30 22:52:27 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 48:5A:B6:8E:5E:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

It seems my printer is trying to connect to WiFi..........

Might as Asus what those reason codes mean. Seems like a wifi driver incompatibility issue.

Try the LAN port on your printer...

I've had weird connectivity with some devices in the past on this router and other Asus routers. The solution has always been to create a guest network and use a password devoid of special characters. If the guest network is allowed access to the intranet it will appear as any other device on your main network.

I have the same issue. Contacted Asus, not much they could do. There is no way I'm able to connect to my printer wirelessly. I have tried everything from different channels, WPA instead of WPA2, AES, TKIP, etc.. I went from a AC87 to the GT-AX11000 and no success at all in trying to connect to my printer. I submitted my case more than 3 weeks ago, still nothing. I was hopping that the new firmware would fix the issue but seems not. Very frustrating! Hopefully Asus forgot something in their firmware regarding HP Printer Compatibility. FYI, I have a LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw.
Happy to know I'm not the only one, hopefully this will put pressure on Asus a bit to get this thing fixed asap.

JF

Last edited:
I've had weird connectivity with some devices in the past on this router and other Asus routers. The solution has always been to create a guest network and use a password devoid of special characters. If the guest network is allowed access to the intranet it will appear as any other device on your main network.
Tried, didn't work for me. :( simple WPA password, still nada.

I have the same issue. Contacted Asus, not much they could do. There is no way I'm able to connect to my printer wirelessly. I have tried everything from different channels, WPA instead of WPA2, AES, TKIP, etc.. I went from a AC87 to the GT-AX11000 and no success at all in trying to connect to my printer. I submitted my case more than 3 weeks ago, still nothing. I was hopping that the new firmware would fix the issue but seems not. Very frustrating! Hopefully Asus forgot something in their firmware regarding HP Printer Compatibility. FYI, I have a LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw.
Happy to know I'm not the only one, hopefully this will put pressure on Asus a bit to get this thing fixed asap.

JF

I don't know that it is as much of an Asus problem as a HP problem. I do have the latest HP firmware installed. I highly doubt HP would look in to the issue, as this printer 4+ yrs old. I haven't tried using a wireless print server. I think at this point, that might be my only option other than buying a new HP LaserJet printer. I AM able to connect to the printer via wireless through my 27" iMac 5K (connected via USB cable to HP LaserJet printer).

Have you tried factory resetting the printer?
Tried putting in a static IP on the printer?