What's new

Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Issue - NAT Issue With Two Xbox One Consoles

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you have to do anything special to achieve Full Cone on the AX11000 now? I have been interested in this router for some time but had been avoiding it because of multiple Xbox Ones.
Install latest v41700 stock Fw.

No. There is different HW with in the AXE which would probably be different and change some things in FW.

I have a GT-AX11000 and I have changed the nat type from Symmetric to Full Cone. My 2nd xbox still shows nat type as "strict". My xbox shows "Double-NAT detected".

Any ideas how I may be able to fix this?

I'm running the latest fw from RMerlin.

Power off the modem, router and 1st xbox. With the 2nbd xbox still ON, press and hold the front power button until the xbox shuts off. Power ON the modem, Router and let them come to ready. Turn on the 2nd xbox and check NAT status on the dashboard networking settings. Should be OPEN.
I have a GT-AX11000 and I have changed the nat type from Symmetric to Full Cone. My 2nd xbox still shows nat type as "strict". My xbox shows "Double-NAT detected".

Any ideas how I may be able to fix this?

I'm running the latest fw from RMerlin.

Power off the modem, router and 1st xbox. With the 2nbd xbox still ON, press and hold the front power button until the xbox shuts off. Power ON the modem, Router and let them come to ready. Turn on the 2nd xbox and check NAT status on the dashboard networking settings. Should be OPEN.
Thanks I'll try that out. Did you also have to setup port forwarding as well or that's not required?

I created 2 port forwarding profiles with the Xbox live ports for each xbox but that didn't work for me neither.

Maybe unplugging both the modem and router for a few minutes will force it.

Note: this is really odd cause I have the same settings setup similar to my RT-AX86U and both xboxs where showing as NAT type 'OPEN'.

Last edited:
No. I would remove the port forwarding configuration and just use uPnP is all.

No. I would remove the port forwarding configuration and just use uPnP is all.
No luck with open NAT. I tried resetting the router and setting up from scratch with no luck. The thing is both my wired and wireless xbox are showing as strict. I am using static IP addresses on both xbox.

Any other ideas I can try?

Update: Just wanted to report my own mistake on the double nat. It was my own VPN creating this and I forgot to create the bypass rule. Sorry for the troubles!!!

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue with two pc's on COD... Running latest firmware for the RT-AC5300 from merlin, I don't even have the full cone option for nat / upnp type. Only options I have in that section of the WAN Page is.

WAN Connection Type
Automatic IP Static IP PPPoE PPTP L2TP​
Enable WANYes No
Enable NATYes No
Enable UPnP UPnP FAQYes No
Enable secure UPnP modeYes No
UPNP: Allowed internal port range to
UPNP: Allowed external port range to

And apparently there's no way to see if the open nat games are actually active. Been attempting to find a command line to put into putty to check if the game profiles are active, as well as clear them out.

You now have three threads open on the same subject, having just necro'd this one.

WAN > Internet Connection > NAT type > Full Cone
Port Forwarding Off
Static IP Off on Consoles (DHCP on)
UPnP On
Consoles on Auto Configuration
Let UPnP and DHCP Work their magic

You now have three threads open on the same subject, having just necro'd this one.

WAN > Internet Connection > NAT type > Full Cone
Port Forwarding Off
Static IP Off on Consoles (DHCP on)
UPnP On
Consoles on Auto Configuration
Let UPnP and DHCP Work their magic
I don't have full cone as option... the only option for the NAT is to turn nat on or off.. I copied and pasted the Wan tab options under internet connections.. I'm not on console.. dual pc.. no static ip configured on pc..ip reserved on router side and I have to have it that way for software I use for using one mouse and keyboard with two pc's.. My son and I both use a dual gaming/streaming pc setup so the ip reservations are a must for the mouse synergy software to run properly.

1668092474433.png

Last edited:
Perhaps that router doesn't support full cone NAT, idk.

As for the static ip's and mouse and keyboard sharing, it could be the root of you problems. DHCP ips, Upnp is the best way to get open nat on all devices historically.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!