What's new

Beta ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware v9.0.0.6.102.4856

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Had it up for just over a week now, no problems, working well. Better than a lot of Asus releases, has some nice new features. I'll stay with it because I like it, at least until an intractable or particularly annoying problem pops up, or another firmware release comes along that I want to try more *smile*.
Better than the 22525 Firmware?

CC

Better than the 22525 Firmware?

CC

For me, yes. Had a couple of issues with 22525, don't remember at the moment what they were, been a while. I went from 22525 to RMerlin firmware, and then flashed this firmware. No issues here.

I just installed this beta and so far everything works fine.

One really positive thing I (we) noticed: previously, on my FTTH GPON (2.5G/500M), I had very slow Upload speeds on distant test servers (not only with this ASUS router, I tried a lot of other brands and none fixed it). With this new version I'm going to upload at maximum speed literally everywhere.

The advice to install this new version comes from an Italian tech forum (which I don't link to because it may be against the rules). All the users who complained about this common problem have solved it with this new beta firmware.
I don't know what has changed technically, probably some changes to the buffer size, IDK.

Great job, ASUS! 😊

Installed this firmware when I got my AX6000 this past Monday, router works fine. Mix of AC and AX devices, everything works as it should.

sam

After 3 days of uptime, I only noticed a few issues: sometimes the router stops propagating DNS to the various devices. Additionally, a couple of times the router didn't assign IPv6 addresses correctly for a few minutes.

Other than that, everything is working correctly.

Could you share the name of the Italian tech forum pls? As a PM if you are worried.

I speak Italian, so no issues there. Don’t want PM Meloni to fine me for Anglomania!

(a reference to Italian politics in the news recently)

Could you share the name of the Italian tech forum pls? As a PM if you are worried.

I speak Italian, so no issues there. Don’t want PM Meloni to fine me for Anglomania!

(a reference to Italian politics in the news recently)
Thanks for the link mirko991.

Wow - didn’t know the internet offering “down south” was so good.

It puts South West London to shame….and Australia? Well, that’s a 3rd world country when it comes to the Internet.

I have an Aimesh system with one RT-AX3000 joined as a wireless node to the main GT-AX6000 router; would the aimesh system still work without any loss of functionality if the 6000series router were to be upgraded to this beta firmware while keeping the ax-3000 on the latest available firmware for that model, which is 3.0.0.4.388.22525

Being beta, only one way to find out.

Remember to flash, test, and tell.

I can confirm that with this beta firmware the upload speed is maxxed out (nearly 1000mbps) while with stable firmware it was barely halved (around 400mbps) in same conditions. Why this changes are not in the release description?
Also there are no issue with AiMesh with a XT9 on 3.0.0.4.388

No, that would be a major announcement (on the forums here) if it did.

installing the beta firmware is it worth doing the reset?
I was using the official firmware
Was on 22525 before the 4856 beta. After dirty flash router started to lag, WiFi was disconnecting, private DNS just died. Did factory reset, wasted about 20 mins to configure everything from scratch and voila, no more errors, everything works.
So, my suggestion, flash, see how it works, if no glitches keep it running, if anything you don't like, reset it, profit.

I can confirm that with this beta firmware the upload speed is maxxed out (nearly 1000mbps) while with stable firmware it was barely halved (around 400mbps) in same conditions. Why this changes are not in the release description?
Also there are no issue with AiMesh with a XT9 on 3.0.0.4.388
This is accomplised now also with stable 3.0.0.4.388.23012

Sadly, the Network Map is still broken, i.e., it stops providing accurate information after a relatively short period of time. I can't believe that ASUS is not fixing this. They might as well stop offering the Network Map.

A few other tidbits:
  • The VLAN feature seems to be functional and has a useful amount of control over the configuration.
  • For some reason, ASUS continues to use OpenVPN version 2.4.12 which was released in March of 2022 and EOLed in March 2023. Is it really that hard to move to version 2.5 or 2.6?

Beta, buddy, Beta.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!