What's new

Beta ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware v9.0.0.6.102.4856

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Beta, buddy, Beta.

Would be great if the Client List actually works in the final. Its actually worse right now than with 386.

Being beta firmware, I would hope to see OVPN version 2.5 or 2.6 rather than 2.4.

Agreed, but they're probably just introducing/testing the new features with the Beta and don't really care about it being the most up-to-date on other levels.

Yes, this is a beta and an old one at that.

Does the network map issue exist in the latest release version for the AX6000, which is newer but lacks the Pro features?

Can’t comment on OpenVPN as I now use WireGuard exclusively.

If only ASUS would allow more than 2 concurrent VPN sessions, I would be completely happy.

Yes, this is a beta and an old one at that.

Does the network map issue exist in the latest release version for the AX6000, which is newer but lacks the Pro features?

Can’t comment on OpenVPN as I now use WireGuard exclusively.

If only ASUS would allow more than 2 concurrent VPN sessions, I would be completely happy.

This is the latest 3.0.0.6 beta that was released only three weeks ago.

I don't think anyone knows if some packages such as the Client List are largely the same between 3.0.0.4.388 and 3.0.0.6. I have yet to try any 388 variants to see if the Client List behaves better. I'll probably try it out this weekend.

I would say closer to 4 weeks - but it seems like a lot longer. Guess I’m just used to 2 week beta cycles.

That sounds like a great idea for a new thread. Differences between .4 and .6

Sadly, the Network Map is still broken, i.e., it stops providing accurate information after a relatively short period of time. I can't believe that ASUS is not fixing this. They might as well stop offering the Network Map.

This apparently depends on your settings or features in use, or something about one's home network environment. I used this one for over a week with my usual vanilla network configuration, and the network map worked the whole time. Actually, I found it to be one of Asus's better releases *smile*, but I'm not using VLAN's or VPN's at the moment.

Interesting.

This apparently depends on your settings or features in use, or something about one's home network environment. I used this one for over a week with my usual vanilla network configuration, and the network map worked the whole time. Actually, I found it to be one of Asus's better releases *smile*, but I'm not using VLAN's or VPN's at the moment.

Interesting.

Good to hear that it at least works for some people. The main/AP setup may be contributing. I'm seeing all kinds of wierd stuff in the network map. Some devices that are on the AP appear as being wireless wireless connections to the main router and on a different frequency than they are on the AP, e.g., on 5 GHz when I know the device only can connect at 2.4 GHz. And there are a few devices showing up on the AP network map that are definitely not connected to the AP. Total mess. Perhaps ASUS doesn't care about AP mode anymore and doesn't update that code.

So, for my 2x GT-AX6000 combo on this firmware, I have found that guest networks are not working on the GT-AX6000 that is operating as an AP or as an AiMesh node. In either scenario, the satellite router creates the guest network, and I can connect to it, but there is no connectivity to the internet. Devices attempting to connect to the guest network on the AP/AiMesh node are not given a LAN IP address. I tried a band-aid fix of assigning an address manually using the values that were automatically provided by the DHCP server when the device was on the guest network of the main router, and that didn't work. I tried disabling "AP Isolated" and enabling "Access Intranet", and neither fixed the issue. So it seems that guest networks on APs or AiMesh nodes are broken on this firmware, probably for all routers that can run it.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Now I can set an ip range for each guest and select the DNS server so I can use a PIhole on one of them if I want. Now to test and see if using a range extender with one of the guest vlans negates the firewall rules. I also want to try creating a new network without wireless and assigning it to an isolated port. If it works correctly I can now do everything I wanted with this firmware.

Last edited:
Whenever you connect a repeater to the guest network it connects it to the main network for some reason. Same issue I had before the upgrade though.

After playing with it some more. I tried AImesh and got it to work but there was not enough options for me. I wasnt to be able to select exactly what networks are connected on the mesh node. I was able to turn on a guest network but could not find a way to turn off the main wifi network or select what network the lan ports were on. If they can give us some more options there or fix the issues with using guest in repeater mode with 2 asus routers these would be an even greater value.

The options on the guest network pro have been great though. I can allow the guest to communicate with each other while still isolating them from other networks.

After playing with it some more. I tried AImesh and got it to work but there was not enough options for me. I wasnt to be able to select exactly what networks are connected on the mesh node. I was able to turn on a guest network but could not find a way to turn off the main wifi network or select what network the lan ports were on. If they can give us some more options there or fix the issues with using guest in repeater mode with 2 asus routers these would be an even greater value.

The options on the guest network pro have been great though. I can allow the guest to communicate with each other while still isolating them from other networks.

I was not able to get guest networks to function properly on AiMesh nodes. Were you able to accomplish that? If yes, did you actually connect to the guest network from the AiMesh node and move data?

I was not able to get guest networks to function properly on AiMesh nodes. Were you able to accomplish that? If yes, did you actually connect to the guest network from the AiMesh node and move data?
After I realized it did not have all the features I wanted I abandoned connecting to it and didnt actually try it. I ended up using another brand range extender which worked fine. The added features this version has is great though. Just a few more tweaks and I would say its about perfect. Maybe I need to knock on wood though because I have only had it running for today. Lets see how reliable it is.

After I realized it did not have all the features I wanted I abandoned connecting to it and didnt actually try it. I ended up using another brand range extender which worked fine. The added features this version has is great though. Just a few more tweaks and I would say its about perfect. Maybe I need to knock on wood though because I have only had it running for today. Lets see how reliable it is.

Thanks for clarifying. WRT tailoring VLANs, did you see that there is a tab in the "LAN" section that allows users to determine which ethernet ports are associated with a VLAN profile?

Thanks for clarifying. WRT tailoring VLANs, did you see that there is a tab in the "LAN" section that allows users to determine which ethernet ports are associated with a VLAN profile?
I did see that and plan to try it out soon. Would be nice to be able to create vlans without the wireless SSID's but not a huge deal as I could just hide the SSID if it bothers me. Would also be nice if the firewall let you create rules for traffic between the vlans but then I guess I would be asking too much for a $260 dollar router.

I did see that and plan to try it out soon. Would be nice to be able to create vlans without the wireless SSID's but not a huge deal as I could just hide the SSID if it bothers me. Would also be nice if the firewall let you create rules for traffic between the vlans but then I guess I would be asking too much for a $260 dollar router.

There is a Profile option in the VLAN tab that appears to make it possible to create VLANs independent of wifi.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!