What's new

Release ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi. Just bought a RT-AX86U. Soon after powering up it updated to this newest firmware release. While it looks to be operating within most parameters without issue... one behaviour concerns me. The network neighbourhood keeps popping up with unknown devices that are not on my network. I have seen at least 3 different devices being reported in the network neighbourhoods of different computers on my LAN simultaneously. I will attach screenshots here of two devices.. one reports itself as a webOS display for a lg tv.. the other a HONDA. I dont own either. There is another phone but I have not seen it today. My firewall is on, UPNP is turned off, wifi is protected with a very long password, remote access is off and I dont use any fancy opennat or USB apps. I saw this behaviour on this release and the previous one too.. These macs dont show up in the network map or dhcp log. Any ideas what is causing this or how to get rid of such things?
Just so you don't feel left out I see the same mysterious phone but it comes and goes. But I'm running the latest Merlin firmware. I was in the process of tracking it down by MAC address as I have 2 phones connected plus 2 Tablets. Also I do have an LG tv that is showing up but it's showing the model # as well. I suspect you must have a WebOS TV that may not be LG but perhaps a submanufacturer so misidentified as LG?
I try to keep all the internet connected devices on a log with all their MAC addresses(ethernet and wifi)

I don't know if it's just my Router, but with AI Protection turned on i have limited or no internet connection. If i get a page to load it takes over 1 minute, most times it won't load a page, turn it off and it works fine.

Zero complaints about this release.

What do you expect from a $300 router - a Ferrari? :D

Give me the Honda. Best longest lasting cars out there next to Toyota. The big three should hope to ever be as good.

Should I use Asus original software or Merlin software, I am always in dilemma..
Do you need to use Merlin, or are you that invested in Merlin that it's impossible to go back to the Asus firmware? If neither then you are just complicating things for yourself, but I'm really in that position where I miss the features of Merlin's firmware if I go back!

Just so you don't feel left out I see the same mysterious phone but it comes and goes. But I'm running the latest Merlin firmware. I was in the process of tracking it down by MAC address as I have 2 phones connected plus 2 Tablets. Also I do have an LG tv that is showing up but it's showing the model # as well. I suspect you must have a WebOS TV that may not be LG but perhaps a submanufacturer so misidentified as LG?
I try to keep all the internet connected devices on a log with all their MAC addresses(ethernet and wifi)
Hi. As hard as it is to believe i do not have any web connected TVs. I have been studiously avoiding them. I do have a HTPC setup but that shows up as its own device. The web OS device is a phantom display in the firmware imho along with the phones. I too track all the devices on my network be they ethernet or wifi.

Hi. As hard as it is to believe i do not have any web connected TVs. I have been studiously avoiding them. I do have a HTPC setup but that shows up as its own device. The web OS device is a phantom display in the firmware imho along with the phones. I too track all the devices on my network be they ethernet or wifi.
I had the same issue, turning off WPS fixed it for me.

Is the upload speed fix in this firmware when using the 2.5 WAN port? I'm only getting 20 Mbps upload speed on this port of my 1G upload speed service wirelessly or wired and have to switch to one of the LAN port for WAN as a workaround.

Is the upload speed fix in this firmware when using the 2.5 WAN port? I'm only getting 20 Mbps upload speed on this port of my 1G upload speed service wirelessly or wired and have to switch to one of the LAN port for WAN as a workaround.
I only get 40 up with my service and I get every bit of it on this fw.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!