What's new

Asus Router AC88U and asus repeaters RP AC55

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lenin

New Around Here
Hi...

I have a main router AC88U and two repeaters RP AC55 to extend mi wifi signal, fisrt of all I tried with Aimesh configuration and was disappointing because the nodes lost connections every time and the devices cant connect unless i put a static ip, because with DHCP stay on "ASSIGNING IP ADRESS".

Because of that I tried the RP as Repeater Mode is a little bit more stable but i have this problems:

1. Some times I cant ping the devices that are connected to the RP AC55, is like this devices were in a different Network, to solve I have to reboot the devices.
  2. Still have the problem in DHCP the devices stay on "ASSIGNING IP ADRESS" and I have to put a Static IP.

Info

Router: AC88U
Firmware: Merlin 386.2_6
Ip:192.168.1.1

Repeaters:

First RP AC55
Firmware: 3.0.0.4_384_83394
Ip: 192.168.1.2
DG:192.168.1.1

Second RP AC55
Ip: 192.168.1.3

Hi...

I have a main router AC88U and two repeaters RP AC55 to extend mi wifi signal, fisrt of all I tried with Aimesh configuration and was disappointing because the nodes lost connections every time and the devices cant connect unless i put a static ip, because with DHCP stay on "ASSIGNING IP ADRESS".

Because of that I tried the RP as Repeater Mode is a little bit more stable but i have this problems:

1. Some times I cant ping the devices that are connected to the RP AC55, is like this devices were in a different Network, to solve I have to reboot the devices.
  2. Still have the problem in DHCP the devices stay on "ASSIGNING IP ADRESS" and I have to put a Static IP.

Info

Repeaters:

First RP AC55

Second RP AC55
Please I need help with this...

If you're using ports 5-8 on the RT-AC88U, don't. At least as a test (they're known to be flakey).

You'll need to communicate more immediately if you want this problem solved. :)

What firmware are you using? Which Control Channels have you tried? What features/options and parameters are you adjusting past defaults?

When was the last time you did a full reset on your network, after flashing the firmware you wanted to use then?

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

You'll need to communicate more immediately if you want this problem solved. :)

What firmware are you using? Which Control Channels have you tried? What features/options and parameters are you adjusting past defaults?

When was the last time you did a full reset on your network, after flashing the firmware you wanted to use then?

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More
Sorry... :(

I use this firmwares

Repeaters:

First RP AC55

Second RP AC55

I have this problem since I install the repeaters, I can't use that imesh node because all the devices that want to connect always estay on
ASSIGNING IP ADRESS,I had to reset the ap and there it worked.. So I decided to put on repeater mode and the same thing happens...

I use the 161 channel.. With 80 MHz of bandwidth

You may want to fully update and fully reset (without using any saved backup config files you may have) to the latest firmware for both models before you continue trying to troubleshoot this. You're running old firmware on both.

Download | Asuswrt-Merlin

RP-AC55|Range Extenders|ASUS Global

The following links may help too, in addition to the one I've already provided above.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

(To be used after flashing the latest firmware you want to use).

Almost all L&LD Links

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!