What's new

ASUS RT AC1900 Router w Netgear M1 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No worries, what did those commands give now? :)

upload_2020-4-13_17-39-51.png

Looks like it worked like a charm...what do I need to do to lock this in and maintain it.

nano /jffs/scripts/nat-start

#!/bin/sh

sleep 10

modprobe xt_HL

modprobe xt_hl

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 65

chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*

These were the commands that I was given before to make them repeat but didnt work as well.

Well that's good news.

Now you need to do what you previously tried to do. Use the nano editor to create the file /jffs/scripts/nat-start

The contents of that file should look like this (don't worry about the missing sleep command, it's not needed):
Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe xt_HL
modprobe xt_hl
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 65

After you've saved the file and come out of the editor issue this command from putty:
Code:
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*

Then log into the Asus' GUI and enable the option "Enable custom scripts and configs". After applying that change reboot the router.

Done.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. All of your help is very appreciated. If you ever need construction help HMU.
Is it still working after a reboot?

BTW My wife thinks constructing concrete buildings is a real job, rather than "messing about" with computers. :rolleyes:

Is it still working after a reboot?

BTW My wife thinks constructing concrete buildings is a real job, rather than "messing about" with computers. :rolleyes:
Theyre all real jobs. Guys that do what you do keep guys that do what I do going.

On the subject of the connection. Upon following the process you set, my speeds dropped back below 1Mbps.

On the subject of the connection. Upon following the process you set, my speeds dropped back below 1Mbps.
Hmm. Maybe the script didn't run or had an error in it.

Can you log onto the router with putty, enter the following commands and show us the output.
Code:
ls -l /jffs/scripts/nat-start

cat /jffs/scripts/nat-start

iptables -S -t mangle

Oh no. We're back to this problem. Your /jffs partition doesn't seem to be present. :mad:

Can you simply reboot the router and check it again please.

Rebooted and retried. Same result. Could this have been the same problem as before? Maybe i need to reflash wrt?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!