What's new

ASUS RT-AC3100 port forward not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheawesomeMCB

New Around Here
So I currently have the ASUS RT-AC3100, however I have hit a roadblock. Whenever I turn on port forwarding and put in the port it doesn't work. UPNP works but specifying a manual port just doesn't work. Anyone know what's going on? I have a public IP address, and my isp doesn't block ports. I'm on version 386.5, heck I even tried 386.1.0 and 384.19.0 (Outdated firmware I'm aware but I was checking if those 2 firmware would work but it didn't)

How are you testing this to determine it doesn't work? You have to have an application listening on that port for it to respond to a port scan.

Verify the rule has been applied successfully at System Log > Port Forwarding.

Post a screenshot of your configuration.

How are you testing this to determine it doesn't work? You have to have an application listening on that port for it to respond to a port scan.

Verify the rule has been applied successfully at System Log > Port Forwarding.

Post a screenshot of your configuration.
1647199287046.png
1647199008605.png
1647199188290.png
1647199396138.png
1647199521995.png

Mainly plex, I also tried a minecraft server for testing 25565 and 19132 but minecraft is also saying: Connection Refused, and port checker even confirms it is closed.
I also tried setting the source ip to 0.0.0.0/0, but no dice.

Try temporarily disabling the firewall on your PC and testing again.
Didn't work, plex still reporting port not open and port checker tool also says it's closed still. I also tried port forwarding the nintendo switch to get it to nat type A instead of B (Even though A isn't needed) but that didn't work either

The port forwards are properly applied as shown on the router UI. Check that your WAN IP is a public one on the router's Networkmap, and not a private one (which might indicate your ISP is using CGNAT, or you are dual NATed).

Also if running Windows, make sure its Network Profile is set to Private, not Public.

The port forwards are properly applied as shown on the router UI. Check that your WAN IP is a public one on the router's Networkmap, and not a private one (which might indicate your ISP is using CGNAT, or you are dual NATed).

Also if running Windows, make sure its Network Profile is set to Private, not Public.
My WAN IP is a public one, when I check what is my ip, it is the same ip address I had as before. I have had this ip address for years and it's the same one. My network map reports a different IP address, however that's because it goes to a fiber to ethernet modem then ethernet to my router. The modem is in a bridge mode, so everything goes to my router. My isp does not have me on a CGNAT, and I am not double NAT'd. Because like I said UPNP works, and my nintendo swtich is NAT type B, which indicates moderate NAT. Also this exact setup worked just fine on my Netgear xr500. And once I plugged in this and router and set everything up, port forward just didn't work. Port forwarding worked just fine on the XR500, it's just there's something going on with it on this asus router.
Also Network Profile is set to Private and not public.

This is what my ISP says:
EBC414AF-643C-47A0-A9C9-67910FBBB8CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Soo I actually just found out that port forwarding actually isn't working. I tried with my netgear xr500. I'm going to contact my ISP because it's clear something is wrong. Thanks for all your help though!

My network map reports a different IP address
That's probably your problem. It should be identical to what is reported by online IP checkers, otherwise remote services will not be able to contact you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!