What's new

Asus RT-AC3200 issues and impressions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lol... sorry, just looked at wiki and it states
It falls between January 21 and February 20

Which of course I took as it ending in two days. :)

When some new Asus fw releases should we make a factory reset Merlin or not necessary ?

Thanks

I would think since this router is very new and has many bugs i would do a factory reset with any new firmware Merlin or Asus.

When some new Asus fw releases should we make a factory reset Merlin or not necessary ?

Thanks

Asus will mention in the changelog whenever a factory default reset is required.

For now I'm unable to make SIP work correctly with that router + latest fw 3.0.0.4.378_4129.

We are able to dial, to listen but we are unable to talk or even use the echo test. Is there someone else experiencing the same behaviour.

I've already done a hard reset, same result.

I have a OBI200 ATA wired.

Asus will mention in the changelog whenever a factory default reset is required.

Thanks Merlin

Just another question to not open another thread for a simple thing

Is there any way to disable DNS relay at asus console? I mean, instead to show 192.168.x.x as DNS in the devices show the real DNS like 8.8.8.8...... ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Merlin

Just another question to not open another thread for a simple thing

Is there any way to disable DNS relay at asus console? I mean, instead to show 192.168.x.x as DNS in the devices show the real DNS like 8.8.8.8...... ?

Thanks

You can configure what DNS to send to clients on the DHCP page, however you can only provide one DNS server.

Using the router as the DNS is the desired setup, as it will also ensure that devices are able to resolve other device names on your LAN.

You can configure what DNS to send to clients on the DHCP page, however you can only provide one DNS server.

Using the router as the DNS is the desired setup, as it will also ensure that devices are able to resolve other device names on your LAN.

Thanks

just one more question

I have an Astro A50 headset, it uses 5.8 Ghz band, when i`m using the wifi at the devices and making a speed test for example the Astro sound start to lag a lot, when the test finishes the headset comes to normal

is this related to the headset software, router firmware or there is nothing we can do?

Thanks again Merlin

Thanks

just one more question

I have an Astro A50 headset, it uses 5.8 Ghz band, when i`m using the wifi at the devices and making a speed test for example the Astro sound start to lag a lot, when the test finishes the headset comes to normal

is this related to the headset software, router firmware or there is nothing we can do?

Thanks again Merlin

I had the same issue. The A50 is tied to a certain channel that interferes with your 5ghz band. Only way to fix it is to change your channel on the router of your 5ghz band below I think channel 149 is what solved it for me.

I had the same issue. The A50 is tied to a certain channel that interferes with your 5ghz band. Only way to fix it is to change your channel on the router of your 5ghz band below I think channel 149 is what solved it for me.

Astro told me this:

Our A50 Wireless Headset uses 5.8GHz wireless which runs on the frequencies between 48 and 116. I would advise either setting your router to automatic channel selector or selecting a channel lower or higher than these which should stop any interference you may be encountering.

So merlin, with smart conncet on we can`t change the radio frequence, is there any way to let smart connect and solve this?

Thanks

Astro told me this:

Our A50 Wireless Headset uses 5.8GHz wireless which runs on the frequencies between 48 and 116. I would advise either setting your router to automatic channel selector or selecting a channel lower or higher than these which should stop any interference you may be encountering.

So merlin, with smart conncet on we can`t change the radio frequence, is there any way to let smart connect and solve this?

Thanks

Well with this router, and it's two 5ghz bands. When using your Astro A50's, one of them 5GHz bands will suffer some interference, so hopefully the headset isn't as close to the router to minimize this issue. As I'm pretty sure one band will be using between channel's 36-48, and 149-161 when using channel bandwidth of 80mhz wide.

I own Astro A50's myself, and you can hold the power button on both the headset, and wireless receiver. Both will turn from red to white, and try to re-sync on a less congested channel in the 5.8GHz range. So if this is an issue for some customer's, this is something you may need to play around a bit with yourself.

To all of those who suffer of 2.4Ghz disconnections .
mark the check box for Optimized for Xbox. and b/g Protection .
choose one of the channels ( for my environment the best i saw is 3 ) instead of AUTO.
somehow this combination made my 2.4 FAR more stable then before !

check it, and report ;)

So far router is working really well . No disconnects , but not using smart connect , signal reaches spots no other router has reached , much stronger signal , inssider rssi reading of 40 where I got 56 before on 2.4 , 48 where I was getting 66 on 5 ghz radio . Setting up with 3 ssid and assigning the clients manually is working well , the AC clients are blazing fast on radio 5.2 , phones and pads on 5.1 and the other mixed n clients on 2.4 , nobody complaining , all getting much better rates than before on the N-66 and AC-66 .
Next purchase will be router with 4 radios with 8 antenna I suppose

So far router is working really well . No disconnects , but not using smart connect , signal reaches spots no other router has reached , much stronger signal , inssider rssi reading of 40 where I got 56 before on 2.4 , 48 where I was getting 66 on 5 ghz radio . Setting up with 3 ssid and assigning the clients manually is working well , the AC clients are blazing fast on radio 5.2 , phones and pads on 5.1 and the other mixed n clients on 2.4 , nobody complaining , all getting much better rates than before on the N-66 and AC-66 .
Next purchase will be router with 4 radios with 8 antenna I suppose

The speeds you got before -were they the same on both the N-66 and the AC-66?

The speeds you got before -were they the same on both the N-66 and the AC-66?
I got better connection/transfer rates using the N-66 , even with AC clients than I did using the AC=66 , so I used the N-66 as router , the AC-66 as media bridge .Most the clients are 30 feet from the router with walls , floors and windows between , the N-66 had better range and stronger signal than the AC-66 , the 3200 beats them both transfer rates have more than doubled on all clients , connection speed as well . Very happy now that I found the problems on 2 of my clients I did all the testing on .
Don't forget , everybody has a different environment , what works at my house might not work as well in yours , just reporting how things work here , but the AC-3200 has great range/signal . Good luck

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!