What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.10007

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I read this thread before purchasing two brand new RT-AC66U B1 routers. I flashed both with rt-ac68u firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20942) and aimesh works great! I get great speed and awesome coverage.

No problem here with a pair of RT-AC66U B1 routers in Mesh. I definitely recommend the firmware RT-AC66U_B1_3.0.0.4_384_20942-ge38bead.trx as the very minimum version. The previous version caused ransom lockups in the Mesh node (wouldn't even respond to a ping), and spontaneous reboots.

If you are brave you can flash the new beta for the RT-AC68U on the AC66U_B1's. Should work even better than the current firmware!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

As mentioned before in this thread, I have a AC86U, a AC68U and a AC66U_b1. I have now upgraded all to 3.0.0.4.384_20942.

AC86U and AC68U can connect to each other, both with AC86U as router and AC68U as node, or the other way around.

But in both ways, I cannot connect AC66U_B1.

And I am brave: have also upgraded my AC66U_B1 with the AC68U firmware. It works fine as a normal router - but not as mesh.

I have only one AC66U_1, so I cannot try what works for bachastain #42 above.

For me: AC66U_1 is a mess - not mesh!

I read this thread before purchasing two brand new RT-AC66U B1 routers. I flashed both with rt-ac68u firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20942) and aimesh works great! I get great speed and awesome coverage.

Is aimesh still working between those two RT-AC66U B1 routers with the latest FW (at the moment 3.0.0.4.384.45149)?

Is aimesh still working between those two RT-AC66U B1 routers with the latest FW (at the moment 3.0.0.4.384.45149)?

Yes, I actually set a pair of them into an AiMesh yesterday for a customer.

Hmm...and the devices are RT-AC66U B1 H/W Ver.:B2? I have B2 versions and impossible to make an AiMesh router/node combination.

Hardware revision does not matter, what is important is the model itself: RT-AC66U_B1.

<GASP!> :)

OE

What?

Customer had a pair of Apple devices (configured by the previous owner of his house, so we had no idea how they were setup, didn't even have the login credentials to them), and it kept dying/failing. He got fed up, and told me "Your setups always work properly, remove those Apple boxes and install me something that will work. Just tell me what to buy."

What?

Customer had a pair of Apple devices (configured by the previous owner of his house, so we had no idea how they were setup, didn't even have the login credentials to them), and it kept dying/failing. He got fed up, and told me "Your setups always work properly, remove those Apple boxes and install me something that will work. Just tell me what to buy."

Now I'm even more startled... you dared to inflict AiMesh on an Apple user. Is it possible you might someday enable AiMesh in Merlin firmware?

OE

Now I'm even more startled... you dared to inflict AiMesh on an Apple user.

I simply refuse to drink the Kool-Aid. Apple stuff can be just as problematic as any other stuff. And troubleshooting it is sometimes impossible because everything is one big blackbox (or in their case, whitebox).

He's been having nothing but trouble with his wifi since he moved in this new apartment, with this pre-configured Apple stuff. The last tech (that wasn't me) who came in to "fix it" spent a few hours, and the problem simply came back a few days later.

Is it possible you might someday enable AiMesh in Merlin firmware?

It's not a matter of whether I want to or not, it's a matter of technical limitations within their closed source code.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!