What's new

Asus RT-AC68U Slow WiFi (Fast Ethernet)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Site Survey is for sure NOT in Asus stock firmware.
Agreed, I've never deviated from Asus stock firmware and I've never seen it.

You're welcome. :)

If coming from stock Asus firmware to RMerlin, I would recommend a full reset without using a backup config file (minimal and manual), yes. :)

When doing a whole network reboot, make sure that you physically unplug power from both the wall and the network devices and also remove any LAN/WAN Ethernet cables too and leave the whole network down for at least 10 minutes (some ISP's require 20 minutes or more from experience, to fully reset the connection to the site). Afterward, power up as you've indicated already; modem/ONT, wait 5 minutes, router, wait five to ten minutes, switches and then all the wired devices (no wait required).

Be sure you connect the LAN cables between the equipment you're powering up just before doing so. ;)

I think that the Site Survey is in stock Asus firmware (can't really remember as I don't use the router at all at stock). If it's not there, an M&M Config (or possibly a Nuclear Reset) would be my suggestion.
thanks so much; while painful last night for 3 hours, got it working and wifi speeds for laptop are many times faster as a result. my asus is behind a Fios G1100 Quantum which has to remain primary. It's absolute mayhem until I figure out how to configure all the settings of both routers. So I have Quantum DHCP assigning on 192.168.1.201-254, and assigning permament IP to Asus of 192.168.2.1. Asus DHCP from 192.168.2.202-254 and providing wifi.

One question; the RT-N66R AP has just been flashed firmware. In AP mode; do I need to do factory reset as well? I'm guessing yes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!