What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U 3.0.0.4.386.45956 2021/11/25

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dont care as my AX86U is arriving tomorrow.

Be careful what you wish for...

Famous last words...

And with it the promise of a new beginning...

:)

OE

How can i see the temp of the node? (AC86U)
+1 SAME question.

Entering node IP redirects to the main routers IP.
So entering address: node_IP/ajax_coretmp.asp (where node_IP is IP of the node E.g. 192.168.x.x) redirects to ASUS main Router GUI with IP of the main router.

That's much better than my AC86U. Thanks!

OE
Checked my remote AC86U at 56.4 degrees. The folks are away with the temp set back.

How can i see the temp of the node? (AC86U)

Not sure... and I can't experiment without a node for now.

I wonder if you can log into the node by way of the node USB services interface... then try the ajax url... or SSH to the node IP(?). Someone here may know without guessing.

OE

This works for me:
TO READ ASUS NODE TEMPERATURE

1. Enable SSH in ASUS GUI (Administration, System, use port 1025)

2. ssh -p 1025 admin@IP
(where admin is your username for GUI, and IP is IP of the node) using terminal

3. enter password (same as for GUI)

4. cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
(devide result with 1000 to get router temp in deg.C)

5. wl -i eth5 phy_tempsense | awk '{ print $1/2+20 }'
(WiFi 2,4GHZ temp)

6. wl -i eth6 phy_tempsense | awk '{ print $1/2+20 }'
(WiFi 5GHZ temp)

If password is not accepted and you know that is correct one, reboot AiMesh and try again.

I get 77deg.C for the router and 68 for the node.

Oh no, this is turning into yet another temperature thread....

Oh no, this is turning into yet another temperature thread....
Sorry about that I just saw a 20c increase and I was startled. To clarify again, I was using cooling fans that stopped working so it's an issue that has nothing to do with the new firmware.

Why Energy Efficient Ethernet is disabled by default in Asus fw ?
When i enable this my cpu temp is lower about 2 degrees

never mind. turns out the fans stopped working complexly :( I'm using this link to see the temp

without the fans I'm seeing a temp exceeding 80c, before that my temps never got over 60c
On my end: fanctrl_info = ; curr_cpuTemp = "76.798"; curr_rxData = fanctrl_info[3]; curr_coreTmp_2 = fanctrl_info[1]; curr_coreTmp_5 = fanctrl_info[2];

On my end: fanctrl_info = ; curr_cpuTemp = "76.798"; curr_rxData = fanctrl_info[3]; curr_coreTmp_2 = fanctrl_info[1]; curr_coreTmp_5 = fanctrl_info[2];
same for my AC86U. When i enable eee then temp is lower about 2 degree.

Temp issue again?
Somebody is coming soon.
"It's ok. That's normal. Your router is fine"
Is it really fine though? I love this router but from what I'm reading online here and in other places this router is getting bricked all the time. If it's not the temps then something else is causing all these bricked Routers.

Is it really fine though? I love this router but from what I'm reading online here and in other places this router is getting bricked all the time. If it's not the temps then something else is causing all these bricked Routers.
temperatures is ok for this build.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!