What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U firmware release 3.0.0.4.384_32799

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Arthur .. That would require a change to my SSID name(s) and change my IoT devices which I'd rather not do (they don't make it easy). From the recent post from OzarkEdge, it sounds like SmartConnect is the culprit

Sorry, I reached a false conclusion. The issue persists with Smart Connect disabled. So far, the only solution is reverting to 21140 on the node, and should probably include all nodes to keep the firmware consistent across the AiMesh.

OE

Last edited:
Does reverting back to 21140 require a full reset?

It's a 'don't care' at this point... use the AiMesh GUI to upload 21140 to each router/node and carry on using the system. Hopefully ASUS will release a fix and then you can bother to upload it to all nodes, reset, and re-configure to move forward. I've been bouncing around between 21140, 32799, and beta 4886 without resetting while testing things... even put 21140 on just the node today... hasn't been a problem but my node in the garage is not critical... I'm holding on 32799 just to enjoy the steady WiFi and the included security fixes.

OE

Is it possible to disable the 2.4Ghz band?

2.4Ghz is way too congested in my area, and I want to be courteous to my neighbors and use 5Ghz only. I can turn off 2.4Ghz band on the ROUTER through the GUI (the 2.4Ghz LED on the ROUTER turns off), but the 2.4Ghz light does not turn off on the NODE. I can still connect to the 2.4GHz band from the node with my phone.

you would have to SSH into the node and disable 2.4G by command.

dont know as not tested but maybe this would be the right one:
nvram set wl0_radio=0
nvram commit

return could be done with wl0_radio=1

Yeah.

Side note, I just got rolled back to 3199. lol, need go through that whole rigmarole.

Edit: got everything back to 2799, AiMesh appeared again. 2.4Ghz on the router is disabled. Might try the manual commands in the other post to disable it on the node.

Last edited:
I downgraded to 21140 and my airplay speakers haven't beeped once (located very close to the node) ... which is a good sign that the disconnects are no longer happening.

I downgraded to 21140 and my airplay speakers haven't beeped once (located very close to the node) ... which is a good sign that the disconnects are no longer happening.
I have been having WYFI speed fluctuation and Internet dropping. Yesterday the web interface stopped responding. Will not accept changes to the DHCP on saved IP. also the DHCP reservation disappeared and QOS keeps reverting to Custom, will not stay on Media among other things. Reverted back to 21140 and all the problems went away. Also did not change the firmware on the Nodes!!!

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!