What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U - NEW - Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81792 (14.04.2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any other issues with 81369? Any bugs in GUI? It seems anything past 45717 in my AC86U causes drops on my Note 9 (Yes, please dont send me the reset, config from scratch bit as i have been in IT field for 20 yrs o_O

No other issues. It has been solid. No GUI bugs at all. I am running QoS Work at home selection, over 20 devices connected across all connections plus the Open NAT for some games. I do have it scheduled for reboot 3:00am daily.

I don't get it. Asus has some sort of presence on these forums. I've helped test beta firmware. Why can't they at least tell us why a firmware was pulled? Seems like such a small thing.

No other issues. It has been solid. No GUI bugs at all. I am running QoS Work at home selection, over 20 devices connected across all connections plus the Open NAT for some games. I do have it scheduled for reboot 3:00am daily.
Have you experienced the reboot bug as described here?

Not once, working with seven RT-AC86Us.

I have had one 86U die and be replaced under warranty. First symptom was trouble browsing for about a week; then it died with a couple half-lit LEDs.

OE

I don't get it. Asus has some sort of presence on these forums.

They haven't had an active representative in years in here. Just a very few rare visits from an engineer now and then.

No, just the dropping issues on the 81792 that made me downgrade a few days ago. I did set the router to reboot everyday at 3am every other day. Right now it has been up for 19 hours. Before I set the update schedule it was up for 3 days.

Don't do that with AC86U. One day you'll find it turned off in the morning. Don't get surprised.
Agreed! Keep an eye on the used RAM and reboot manually if needed. Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_81792 is solid for me with Smart Connect enabled and no WIFI Professional settings changed.
I recommend adding a thumb drive with a swap partition or swap file. See:
https://mydevtutorials.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/how-to-activate-swap-on-asus-rt-ac68u-router/
I am even running DoT on my stock AC86U!

I recommend adding a thumb drive with a swap partition or swap file.

Not needed. 81792 running for 2 weeks already. 140MB free RAM with AiProtection and Parental Controls. This swap on USB is not convincing. Very slow and another point of failure. I do have USB on my other router to run scripts. Not the best solution, but this is what we can have. Plan B solution.

Traffic Analyzer quit working. No recorded data in last 2 days. Nothing new for me though.

Traffic Analyzer quit working. No recorded data in last 2 days. Nothing new for me though.

Just curious, why do you use the traffic analyzer?
And a question:
Why does RAM use increase over time, lets say a week, when re-booted it goes to 71% in my case (no ext. HDD connected...)
rjrvH2KWEankjUrfI4Iw9nfivQ6NzAoadphCuLhfpZ53NnRwYeVbV2NQdOW5-kySuxsdWbHWfvJbUsC-9PEaDEMJlpH2c2sqrovidCdvSLOYgywjJJoscFQHs4lYG1ONUbtLKQYLvjo_idOQKvawpUhiHdZCL-rdk6NiyCo2LXYrgH-im5xy81YRDFehkNeJ0hCIDE7N9gyLaiNz4UtTocM4B2baT1QEZGWp2-pebCPdbuSVXrOdSvT_cCd8aY52Q35aA9tEvwslnCbpn-J3DuhgFuKvlOC91MXPTT8kKlpsg0J2jjZEe5_KjCKiORTVmqjqAGX0pdNCvGlXKg4FsPAaHb8VMgTqKqY6Gzc_Km9pjhGHM95cgNkCBYtU-57xZUYTz0S77pZur-P4db5SiKDIyJNZ7bqoYwe23h_E6OLhLyMPmrKerejABU9m48a8k9RPjFpcYqnyG2K2FSUXIjywwC7kRuyegzWcXoXBolc0kgbrRYkhJS_0RiJujs7wKxOegqpD9xtZDEwyiIo_m9UfgSPnFV2gUJ6_761I44XdgN_CCk-KTjBEYcfaQAIe2Nmxa7zlFL4rzB0JWXrD9TBQUvRzbES_SQ2VIkgDhRLPb7TYBn3ausgDJgESC70bSHToVpVYM6pH8N3zYKTCVSls7kY061e8gToXP6-NlSFTtYvR5EpGOz4nZv2QbA=w321-h529-no

i can't disable QoS. the more i tinker with this firmware the more bugs i find. also i had the same can't access the gui bug until i restart the router. this firmware is a nightmare for me.

Go to Game, disable Gear Accelerator. First on top. Asus likes fancy names. It disables QoS. :)

This firmware officially doesn't exist. :)

Gear Accelerator was not enabled.i'm still on it and i don't know why :D but thank for trying to help

They haven't had an active representative in years in here. Just a very few rare visits from an engineer now and then.
The last time I had a sequence of messages with arthurlien, it was in December, 2019. That was only 4 months ago, not years.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!