What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U unable to reset/reboot properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marko

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I am trying to do a manual reset as well as reboot and it seems to have some problems with it.

1614375160166.png

I came up here because I have rebooted my router from GUI and then I got message that I am disconnected from the internet although I have it as well as IP address.
1614375299640.png

Also, when I click on NETWORK MAP menu instead of disconnected internet status message I am able to see my actual IP address for a blink of a second.

Help?

Try a hard reset:

Thanks Colin! After 30 mins I was able to setup my connection again.

At this moment I can see IP, but... Take a look at DHCP lease time and expiring date. Does that affect anything at all or I can leave it as it is? I went through the forum and I saw other threads where I can disable these things, like not to be shown anymore. But, I am now curious whether I want to change anything, these are setting from the hard factory reset.

And one more thing before posting a picture... WAN IP I have two on the right pane and one on the internet status icon, what is the difference if anybody knows?

1614377627119.png

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!