What's new

ASUS RT-AC87R New Settings Screenshot + My Feedback + 2 Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What if you dont want to hide your SSID's ??

I haven't tested it, but try these commands over telnet:

Code:
nvram set wps_enable=0
nvram commit
reboot

Then see if after the reboot the webui shows it on Off.

Hey Merlin, have you had any issues with port forwarding in your testing? so far I've had to reboot my router every 6 hours or so because it would stop working. I've also noticed that it doesn't work LAN side.

Hey Merlin, have you had any issues with port forwarding in your testing? so far I've had to reboot my router every 6 hours or so because it would stop working. I've also noticed that it doesn't work LAN side.

I haven't tested port forwarding, however I'd be surprised if there was any issue with them, since this is a fairly basic iptables functionality, and it should operate the same on all Asus routers.

Try disabling device blocking, I couldn't connect to my plex server with it enabled.

I just got similar messages on my new AC87:

kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

I went and looked at the log when my iPad Air2 lost connectivity this morning.

I do NOT have it configured to connect to 2.4gHz - only 5.

However, it is a wifi/LTE model, and I have not yet set-up LTE. I often see a message prompting me to set-up LTE when it first wakes up. There seems to be a lag connecting to WiFi.

I am using the latest Merlin release.

It was (apparently) fixed by turning WiFi off and then back on on the Air2. However, I also shut off WiFi on all of my other devices, so unsure. I checked, and no device is configured for both bands. All of the other devices are set to use 2.4gHz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!