What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3941

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Had an odd problem with this FW yesterday. Its Microsoft patch Tuesday went home and patched my desktop. The desktop couldn't see the router hard wired after it rebooted. I go to use wireless on my phone to reset the router and wireless is dead as well. I reboot the router and my desktop can see the router now. My wireless is still out and I look at the router and the lights are out on 2.4 and 5. So I access the router and find that both radios have turned themselves off. Everything was working fine prior to my patching windows and I can not see how an ms patch would turn the radios off. I manually turned the radios back on and all was working again. Anyone have any clues as to what could have happened? Im at a loss.

Last edited:
Most likely they were turned off when someone accidentally pressed the Wifi switch on the router.

Most likely they were turned off when someone accidentally pressed the Wifi switch on the router.
That would seem the most logical possibility except it wasn't touched and I was only person in the room. I rebooted the router after I discovered the wireless wasnt working and only touched the back end of the router to hit the power switch when I did. Is that wifi switch a momentary or a toggle type switch? I have never actually tried that switch.

That would seem the most logical possibility except it wasn't touched and I was only person in the room. I rebooted the router after I discovered the wireless wasnt working and only touched the back end of the router to hit the power switch when I did. Is that wifi switch a momentary or a toggle type switch? I have never actually tried that switch.

Momentary. You press it for about 1 second, and it toggles the state of the radios.

Momentary. You press it for about 1 second, and it toggles the state of the radios.

That was just odd at least now I know to look and see if the radios are on next time. The other odd thing was my 66u repeater would accept connections with the 88u missing so it was delving out ip's. usually when the main is down the repeater wont allow you to connect. I think there was a possession going on.

Now this firmware show this string of messages was started on this Aug 5. The firmware on ASUS shows it was released 2016/09/08 was this a beta?

Now this firmware show this string of messages was started on this Aug 5. The firmware on ASUS shows it was released 2016/09/08 was this a beta?

Probably just their web manager who screwed up, and removed/readded the file. Just unzip it and check the datestamp on the TRX file if you want to know for sure.

something is wrong with my AC88U on the latest firmware my 5ghz wifi led is lit up & 2.4ghz wifi led is not lit up but on all my devices only the 2.4ghz wifi is broadcasting & the 5ghz wifi is not broadcasting. I am able to connect & use the 2.4ghz wifi. Both bands were working before don't know what happened all of a sudden any ideas?

Anyone having the devices disconnecting issue figure out a fix? I just tried the update again and tried messing with my settings yet no change.

I have also Problems. The 2.4 GHz WIFI have a bug. I can't connect any Device after a few Days. After a restart all works again. This Issue i had 2 Times now. With the older Firmware was all okay. When i have the Issue again, i will test the 5 GHz also.

I have set now on both Bands a fix Channel number. Now it works. I think the automatic Option has a Bug, when it switch the Channel number. When this happens no Devices can connect to the 2.4 GHz WIFI.

Alitai said:
I have also Problems. The 2.4 GHz WIFI have a bug. I can't connect any Device after a few Days. After a restart all works again. This Issue i had 2 Times now. With the older Firmware was all okay. When i have the Issue again, i will test the 5 GHz also.
I have set now on both Bands a fix Channel number. Now it works. I think the automatic Option has a Bug, when it switch the Channel number. When this happens no Devices can connect to the 2.4 GHz WIFI.

Hi again

2.4 Ghz WLAN breaks again today. 5 GHz runs and is up i tested that now.
Router is in AccessPoint Modus.

I hope that will be fixed in the next Version.

Thanks

Regards

Alitai

I have had 2 times so far the 2.4 starts running really slow. The first time a reboot fixed it the second time only setting a fixed channel worked. Was getting speeds of like 900K.

At work I had an ipad during a big event that was connecting and disconnecting often even with good signal. Reboot of router would fix it for a few but would start acting up again.

Hi,
i had all this bugs too. Now i tried the new Merlin 380.62_1 and i'm happy again with my RT-AC88U.
Give it a try.

Kind regards
Chris

Mobil gesendet über eine Höllenmaschine

Only problem I've experienced so far with this firmware release was back when I changed the local LAN ip from default to something else. Since which AI Protection alerts stopped working. I've just performed a full hard reset and it 'seems' to be working again now....

oh and NTP sync isn't working so it claims.....

EDIT: Spoke too soon - AIProtection has stopped working again - for some reason it doesn't like when you change the IP range for the router......

Last edited:
I was looking on the Asus website for the 3.0.0.4.480.3941 source code but couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link for it? I'm using the RT-AC3100. Thanks.

Only problem I've experienced so far with this firmware release was back when I changed the local LAN ip from default to something else. Since which AI Protection alerts stopped working. I've just performed a full hard reset and it 'seems' to be working again now....

oh and NTP sync isn't working so it claims.....

EDIT: Spoke too soon - AIProtection has stopped working again - for some reason it doesn't like when you change the IP range for the router......

Curious why you keep changing the IP range?

Here are my issue with this router and firmware
1- Not working Traditional QoS (especially for limitting the Download speed)
2- Wifi is dead (lights off) requiring a power-off / on of the router to restore it after changing ANY wifi settings.

I know issue #2 is related to another setting I put inside my router (does not happen right after a factory reset). I will have to trial error to find out what exactly causes it.

Here are my issue with this router and firmware
1- Not working Traditional QoS (especially for limitting the Download speed)
2- Wifi is dead (lights off) requiring a power-off / on of the router to restore it after changing ANY wifi settings.

I know issue #2 is related to another setting I put inside my router (does not happen right after a factory reset). I will have to trial error to find out what exactly causes it.

1. QoS doesn't limit download speed - it limits upload speed.
2. Do you reboot the router and have the same issue(s)?