What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3941

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I do that too. But I don't 'keep' changing the IP constantly. ;)

Why don't you reset to factory defaults, choose the private IP range you want your router/network to use and then enable AiProtection?

Done that dude - I don't keep changing the IP addresses - I just do it the once and then funnily enough the AIProtection alerts stop.

Just to confirm - I hard reset, setup basic config - AIProtection alert emails work fine. Once I change the IP range to what I want it to be - it stops working.

Done that dude - I don't keep changing the IP addresses - I just do it the once and then funnily enough the AIProtection alerts stop.

Just to confirm - I hard reset, setup basic config - AIProtection alert emails work fine. Once I change the IP range to what I want it to be - it stops working.

You're still doing it backwards from what I'm suggesting?

Will give that a try when I next get chance to hard reset - tbh though it should just work and not require it to be done in a particular order - so still a bug ;)

Will give that a try when I next get chance to hard reset - tbh though it should just work and not require it to be done in a particular order - so still a bug ;)
When in doubt about a strange problem your best bet is a hard reset and do not restore settings from backup. Some on here when they do a FW update do the update then factory reset. Go back in after reset and apply the FW update again with an additional factory reset. Then setup from scratch. Its a pain and I hate doing it but have had the least problems while doing so. You are pretty much guaranteed to clear out any problem that may have been lurking.

When was that? QoS hasn't worked like that for me for a very long time.

I used it for a few months for my VoIP needs. But my router CPU was starting to be limited with the qos and openvpn . So decide to switch to AC88U for its cpu power .
But with it , the traditional qos is not working as with the ac66u sadly .
According to the merlin release note , he does mention traditional qos being broken on newer router models.

Interesting issue. First off another difference between an ASUS AC3100 and an 88u is there is no repeater function in the AC3100 firmware. I ordered 2 88u's was sent 2 AC3100s instead. Wouldn't work with repeaters will explain below.

Finally received the 88u's set them up and they had a similar issue. Swapped out 87u with both AC3100 and 88u once I reboot the repeaters there are 2 - 66u's 1 68u I get long time to connect and tells me no internet. If I hardwire into the repeater it has internet and I can see all the repeaters and get to the login pages. Just no wireless with internet. Right now using the 88u as a repeater an expensive repeater. Least that can be done with the 88u.

The funny thing is I have an 88u and a 66u at home setup the same way with very little issue. Not sure if issue is because there are 3 repeaters. I even tried to manually setup the repeater and when I go through setup it reboots and would loop back to the setup page. All sorts of factory resets just refuses to work connect to the 88u router. if I put the 87u back as the main works flawless.

Last edited:
Im testing 3 firmware versions.
1 on the AC66U...dd wrt ....as ddwrt has major issues with vlans and losing lan ports.

2 on the AC88U.
Thats Merlins latest alpha and this firmware from Asus.

Stock asus is hands down the worst in all aspects testing wise.
Gameplay is worse.
Im getting higher jitter and variable ping compared to merlin and ddwrt.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!