What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3941

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fax

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3941
Security Fixed
- Fixed XSS issue in WDS page. Special thanks for Jamie's contribution.
- Fixed LPR buffer overflow issue. Special thanks for GeekPwn contribution.
- Remoted DHCP information disclosure.

Bug Fixed
- Fixed smart sync GUI issue.
- Fixed reboot issue when using repeater mode.

Modifications
- Added bluetooth coexistence option in wireless--> professional.
Bluetooth audio transmission(A2DP) near router would interfere 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, enabling bluetooth coexistence can reduce the speed drop.
Known issue: Enabling this option would also reduce 2.4G maximum throughput a little, so the default value is disable.
- Modified failback behavior when only turn on dual wan failover.
- Modified the firmware upgrade page.

After upgraded to this version, user can see the newer firmware release note in the GUI and unnecessary to go to support site.

Download: Click Here

Works well here but I had no problem even with the previous one. I have the impression I get more coverage/stability from the 5Ghz band. May be just an impression...

In the 2.4Ghz settings I've noticed the "b/g protection" check box is ticked, don't remember if I had this enabled in previous firmware. Small problem I've noticed is if I untick it and click apply the page shows it is enabled again. Not sure if this is a UI issue or it's not actually being disabled.

In the 2.4Ghz settings I've noticed the "b/g protection" check box is ticked, don't remember if I had this enabled in previous firmware. Small problem I've noticed is if I untick it and click apply the page shows it is enabled again. Not sure if this is a UI issue or it's not actually being disabled.

I noticed the same thing. Not a big issue though if it is checked or unchecked.

Apparently that is due to the "auto" wireless mode setting. See Merlin's release notes for his latest firmware, (380.61). He changed that behavior in his build.

Apparently that is due to the "auto" wireless mode setting. See Merlin's release notes for his latest firmware, (380.61). He changed that behavior in his build.

Beside, when the checkbox is enabled, it really means "auto", not "forced enabled", so it's not really an issue. Just non intuitive UI design.

Ditched my RT-AC3200 for the AC-88U - best move I've ever made with a router! 5Ghz is much better on the AC-88U
Was on 3341 official firmware release and that's been working great. Just upgraded to this one will see how it goes.

The only way I can get my full 200Mbps download speed on the 5GHz band is with a MU-MIMO adapter. I'm using the Linksys WUSB6100M which is giving me 240Mbps.

Bug in the system log. DNS failed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here I see no DNS fails in log . Possibly some customised settings? My settings are very much default.

So far no issues to report here - been working a treat! - sooooooo glad I got this model and ditched the RT-AC3200.

Just noticed changing any wireless settings, the wifi doesn't come back, it requires a reboot to get wifi radio back up.

Weird!

Last edited:
Hi,
i have massive problems with wlan connections. My Bose app doesn't find my Bose Soundtouch (but the Soundtouch works well).
I can't reach my IP cams from wlan (i see them connected in Router but can't reach them). With openVPN they are possible to reach.
From wlan to internet there are no problems.

The FW before i had problems with WAN and the AI Cloud app connection. Now all works but i have this wlan problems. I give now Merlin a chance and wenn it doesn't work i will sell my RT-AC88U and by another device from another manufacturer.

Support only writes back: give your router back or wait for another FW that will maybe solve your problems.
Great!!

With 3004380 2345 i had no problems!

Best regards
Chris

Last edited: