What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.15850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So has anyone loaded this on the AC88U without issues? I heard both routers had issues with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I don't know the others but I have no issues apart from excessive logs. Smooth shift from 380, nice UI and overall performance seems the same as previous 380 line.

Last edited:
RT-AC88U:
WebUI is broken after update to 3.0.0.4.382.15850.
Can't navigate to any submenu.

I don't know the others but I have no issues apart from excessive logs. Smooth shift from 380, nice UI and overall performance seems the same as previous 380 line.

Agree no issues except the logging. Web pages are snappy IPv6 works good and no problems with the UI.

3.0.0.4.382.15852 is out for AC3100 if you do a check for new firmware within the router UI. Check to see if AC88U has the same.

15852 was only issued to address the broken RT-AC3100 firmware. They bumped the version to prevent any confusion among users.

Hi,

I wanted to get advice from you guys I brick my AC3100 router with the latest firmware last night, I try the rescue but not luck it tells me the router is not in rescue mode but I can see the light blinking slow. I call tech support and we did the same thing I again with no luck. I have an RMA number but before I send it I wanted to see if any other advice to see if I can get it back. What I notice is that I can ping the router while it is on rescue mode but the moment I press upload on the rescue utility I stop getting replies and the rescue util times out. I see people here mentioning rev 15852 but the web site still shows 15850.

Thanks

Hi,

I wanted to get advice from you guys I brick my AC3100 router with the latest firmware last night, I try the rescue but not luck it tells me the router is not in rescue mode but I can see the light blinking slow. I call tech support and we did the same thing I again with no luck. I have an RMA number but before I send it I wanted to see if any other advice to see if I can get it back. What I notice is that I can ping the router while it is on rescue mode but the moment I press upload on the rescue utility I stop getting replies and the rescue util times out. I see people here mentioning rev 15852 but the web site still shows 15850.

Thanks

Instead of using the Rescue utility, try using the miniweb server. Open a browser and access your router's IP. There should be a minimalist webpage that will allow you to upload a firmware image.

The upload procedure can take a couple of minutes, so be patient.

15852 was only published today, it might take a few hours for it to propagate through Asus's web servers.

Thanks I will give it a try before I send it, I will post my results here

Instead of using the Rescue utility, try using the miniweb server. Open a browser and access your router's IP. There should be a minimalist webpage that will allow you to upload a firmware image.

15852 was only published today, it might take a few hours for it to propagate through Asus's web servers.

I tried accessing the webpage with Chrome, Edge and IE but nothing. I get page cannot be found I pinging the router and I get replies but that is about it. I haven't try the again the Rescue util but if it is like last night the moment I try it will stop responding to pings.

When in rescue mode you have to load a known good firmware if you try to reload the faulty one it will fail.

Guys,

I wanted to let you know that I try the rescue with a different computer and it work, it looks like it was my firewall blocking the rescue app.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

On my ac3100 in the client list, the client name no longer shows . . . it just has the mac address rather than the device name. I am in AP mode.

It does not look like Adaptive QOS is working in this version. No matter what I type in for the upload and download limits, my speed is not throttled. No way to control buffer bloat without the ability to set UL/ DL limits.

I can confirm that firmware 3.0.0.4.382.15850 for RT-AC88U is not working well. I also have excessive log entries (sometimes multiple ones at once, multiple times per minute). I also found that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WI-FI signals would suddenly stop working, and only a reboot would fix it, and then only temporarily. Other times, I was unable to connect to the Internet, with the WAN LED turning red. And the ASUS UI would sometimes slow down to a crawl, taking about 10 seconds to update a screen. Prior to installing I did reset NVRAM, but the problems persisted. I used the recovery tool to go back to the previous firmware, which is working well.

It does not look like Adaptive QOS is working in this version. No matter what I type in for the upload and download limits, my speed is not throttled. No way to control buffer bloat without the ability to set UL/ DL limits.

It's working fine for me. No buffer bloat and it's abiding by my up/down numbers.

I can confirm that firmware 3.0.0.4.382.15850 for RT-AC88U is not working well. I also have excessive log entries (sometimes multiple ones at once, multiple times per minute). I also found that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WI-FI signals would suddenly stop working, and only a reboot would fix it, and then only temporarily. Other times, I was unable to connect to the Internet, with the WAN LED turning red. And the ASUS UI would sometimes slow down to a crawl, taking about 10 seconds to update a screen. Prior to installing I did reset NVRAM, but the problems persisted. I used the recovery tool to go back to the previous firmware, which is working well.

3100 here but basically the same router and i am not having any of the issues you describe except very excessive logging. Strange indeed how some have issues and others do not. This seems on par with all firmware updates Merlin builds included. o_O

BTW you should be resetting and clearing nvram after install not prior.

I cleared the NVRAM after installing this firmware. I lost Wifi on both bands within a few hours of flashing. I also could not get Adaptive QOS to work. I had to put router into recovery mode to be able to flash back to Merlin. Merlin firmware would not flash through the router GUI.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!