What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.15850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are configuration backups from a 380 release compatible with 382?

Whenever there's a recommendation to do a factory default reset, take that as a sign that you should also erase any existing backup (unless you intend to go back to an older firmware and reuse them then), and create a new backup.

I can confirm that firmware 3.0.0.4.382.15850 for RT-AC88U is not working well. I also have excessive log entries (sometimes multiple ones at once, multiple times per minute). I also found that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WI-FI signals would suddenly stop working, and only a reboot would fix it, and then only temporarily. Other times, I was unable to connect to the Internet, with the WAN LED turning red. And the ASUS UI would sometimes slow down to a crawl, taking about 10 seconds to update a screen. Prior to installing I did reset NVRAM, but the problems persisted. I used the recovery tool to go back to the previous firmware, which is working well.

Exactly the same issue here on my AC88U.
Flashed back to previous firmware release, everything fine again.
Hoping for a quick fix release.

Greetings! RT-AC88 3.0.0.4.382.15850 firmware issues so far:
1. WAN status don't report stat "checking forever"
CPU and RAM increased usage when enable "AI Protection" and Traffic Analyzer
3.Huge problem when downloading torrents the IPTV that its not on the router (on switch) lag and freeze funny part
the problem is same with Merlin latest firm.
20 torrents active using utorrent 2.2.1 Max global connections 500 000, peers per torrent 150, for test i'm using public tracker, udp is turned off in utorrent
Proofs:
rtSWcfP.jpg

dgAGEQp.png

Q7eCeaw.png

After downgrade to 3.0.0.4.380.7743 cpu1 usage running 20 torrents is 70% temp 75 C, cpu2-1-2%. The issue is reported to Asus. ISP connection 50/25, i can imagine what will happend when soon i have upgrade with 2nd ISP - 100/100 in dual WAN - the router will be unusable.

I'm so disappointed from rt-ac88u, so far, hope they will fix this.

Last edited:
The torrents is only for test ...i have delete it already from my hdd, my apologizes!
Anyone have problems with iptv?

I noticed the original issues the AC-3100 was having with the initial 382 release, after using the new release there still seem to be issues. CPU usage is spiking all over the place and I can't tell for sure but it really seems to have a memory leak. WAN to LAN also seems to be gradually slowing down over the last week to almost half of what it should be. I think they need to go back to the drawing board again with this release.

In 380.67, I was simply not showing either column at all for the RT-AC88U. I decided in 380.68 to re-add them, so at least the info available for the BCM ports can be shown. I just can't find a good wording to make it clear that these fields are not supported by the Realtek switch. Maybe I could try "not supported", provided it's not too large to fit in there...

Dunno if you already addressed this but IMO you could just simply go by "n/a".

Dunno if you already addressed this but IMO you could just simply go by "n/a".

I already show that in the VLAN column, and some people still don't understand what it means.

I already show that in the VLAN column, and some people still don't understand what it means.
Wow, thats a bummer. So yeah then you should really make it clear with "not supporting" if it fits I suppose.

This firmware version is working out okay for me so far without any issues as of yet. The GUI seems to be snappier than in previous versions.

This firmware version is working out okay for me so far without any issues as of yet. The GUI seems to be snappier than in previous versions.
Maybe I should do a factory reset again, then flash it in the CFE loader. Do you have AI protection enabled as well?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This firmware is still behaving for me unlike the previous version so they must have addressed the right things.

This firmware is still behaving for me unlike the previous version so they must have addressed the right things.
Seems after I blew out the nvram and loaded the new firmware from the CFE loader all is well now. Talk about a rollercoaster though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This has been a good release, functional and stable, 10 days and counting on uptime.

Super pleased that the MAC address issues are finally fixed.

Alright I've noticed something strange since updating to this version. My Intel Ethernet adaptor with the latest drivers keeps showing no IPv6 connection to the router even though the router shows it has an IPv6 connection. If I choose run diagnostic from the network troubleshooter it immediately reestablishes the IPv6 connection but will drop it again in a few minutes.

Edit: I completely powered down leaving it for a few minutes to drain and once I restarted the unit it began handing out IPv6 addresses normally.

Last edited:

Hi! Do you try with new firm, to download many files, with as much open concurrent connections, do you tested custom IPTV profile setting, because i tested both and the result is iptv lagging, freezing sometimes, i have tested with torrents, download from ftp servers free, and http download all same,
and IPTV profile custom settings is broken with vlans even with last firmware.
For normal using http browsing new firmware is ok.

Do you test the new firm under heavy load?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!