What's new

Asus RT-AX86U VPN - Slow with StarVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The alternative could be renting a server in a COLO for a few bucks a month and setting up a VPN server on it to connect to. IIRC you can pick up a shared server slot for ~$5/mo but, if you start adding things to the package it adds up quickly. Even though at $10/mo you'd still be saving $20/yr and if you need to swap the IP you're able to.
Yes thats true, thanks for the tip. I did try to set up at digital ocean, my own wireguard server, but just didn't like the IP quality, and the speed, im sure I would have to pay more for a faster line :)

Yes thats true, thanks for the tip. I did try to set up at digital ocean, my own wireguard server, but just didn't like the IP quality, and the speed, im sure I would have to pay more for a faster line :)
Also, VPS IP location can sometime be inaccurate. For instance I have a customer who is currently residing in France for work reasons. So, we launched a VPS within Linode's Toronto datacenter in hope that he could use it to access his usual Canadian content. After setting up OpenVPN on it, turns out that for some reason, the IP he got from the Canadian DC was still registered as being US-based at ARIN's level, so he was still getting blocked by any side relying on geofencing.