What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.48631 (2022/04/25)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Few-jit-tiv,

Wireless can be tricky, milage can be different for different people, for different AiMesh devices, different Region & environment, etc.

For my configuration (see my signature), with Wired Backhaul, it works without any WiFi issues, Both (a) where, I just upgrade firmware over GUI (dirty flash) and run for 24 hours (b) after that, I did a complete Factory Reset and run for over 1.5 days also no issue.

For my Wifi settings:

(1) I always start with DEFAULT NVRAM settings of both Stock and Merlin firmware.

(2) I did the following changes based on what I gleaned from this forum over the years. Maybe, just use it for comparison, so that you can experiment and hopefully can be useful for your situation.

Wireless - General:
  • Wireless Mode: I disabled 11b (because I do not have such devices at home)
  • 2.4 GHz Channel bandwidth: I set to a fix 20MHz bandwidth
  • 2.4 GHz Control Channel: I fix it on channel 11
  • 5.0 GHz Channel bandwidth: I set to a fix 80MHz bandwidth … disabling 160 MHz (I have a AC AiMesh Node)
  • 5.0 GHz Control Channel: I fix it on Channel 161
Wireless - Professional
  • 2.4GHz Roaming assistant: I disabled it (following Merlin’s firmware default)
  • 2.4GHz Explicit Beamforming: I disabled it
  • 2.4GHz Universal Beamforming: I disabled it
  • 5.0GHz Roaming assistant: I disabled it (following Merlin’s firmware default)
Guest Network: I have Guest network 1, setup with only 5GHz band, Sync to All AiMesh nodes

Hoping the suggestion above can be useful. Let me know if you need to do some specific comparison.
You may have saved a "worn out computer guy" , i had 2 aimesh sytems here on the farm and decided to change to ONE large Aimesh, have 8 asus routers. I need a guest network, so enabled that. Everything was fine, and put on the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.388_20518) for my AX88U-the brain, in wireless router mode. Guest network and the normal 2.4 network continually lost connection to the internet, on and off. I ONLY put in your 3 changes above, no 11b, 2.4 set to 20MHz and used a fixed channel. It has been 15 minutes, and I am about to go play in the rain, it is holding. I called Asus for support, talked to 2 people, then they hung up on me...LOL. Thank You so Much, from Buford, Ga. / 44 years working in computes, still an employee.

The last stable FW was Version 3.0.0.4.386.46065 Dated 12/01/2022. My guess is Asus will be releasing an end of May start of June FW to address recent problems.

I agree. Patental controls no longer work, dual WAN feature fails to connect to modem on LAN1, WiFi and Ethernet issues, and AiMesh nodes dropping off.

Anyone have a direct link to the 12.01.22 version? Or is it time to try Merlin again?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!