What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.48631 (2022/04/25)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A year ago, WPA3 wasn't allowed and router changed encryption to WPA2 if we added a node.
WPA3 allowed for AiMesh now?
Could it depend on hardware/firmware that you use for router and node(s) as to support?

Surprisingly, I am having zero issues with this firmware in my use case scenario of 2x RT-AX88Us in mesh mode..

I've been having an issue with not being able to load pages correctly so I just rolled back to the previous version.

Done it all and still having this problem. Just because its working for you doesn't mean there isn't a firmware problem. My router settings may differ to yours which could be the source of this problem.

The problem isn't the ethernet cable because wifi devices cannot connect to the node on 5 or 2.4 so a faulty ethernet on wired backhaul wouldn't prevent a wireless connection to that node. @andy352 says he cant connect using wireless backhaul (different setups) but very similar problem. Seems to be a problem on the main router because setting the node back to previous firmware produces the same problem whilst using the main router on new firmware.
Same here. Two Ax88u connected via ethernet backhaul. After firmware upgrade wifi clients can't connect to aimesh node. Wired clients continue to work just fine so cabling isn't the problem. Reverting to previous firmware resolved the problem.

Same here. Two Ax88u connected via ethernet backhaul. After firmware upgrade wifi clients can't connect to aimesh node. Wired clients continue to work just fine so cabling isn't the problem. Reverting to previous firmware resolved the problem.

I have been testing for days thinking this problem was specific to me so its come as a relief to see someone else report this to. What region/location are you from? I wondering if this is down to a regional firmware.

drop offs and reconneting since 2-3 days, skipped back too.
also still the 5Ghz makes so much problems for me [EU], always shows not up (radar) ..
aimesh with 2 nodes adding, 1 node didnt showed off for me after scan+add, tested today second time to add it (3x AX88U)..

I have been testing for days thinking this problem was specific to me so its come as a relief to see someone else report this to. What region/location are you from? I wondering if this is down to a regional firmware.
Hello Fyew-jit-tiv,

I'm in the U.S. I think in an earlier post you mentioned you disable 2.4 GHz and only use 5 GHz. I do something similar as I only use 2.4 GHz on the main router and disable it on the mesh node. Maybe disabling 2.4 GHz somehow figures into the problem. For an attempt at fixing, I enabled 2.4 GHz on both AX88Us, installed the previous version firmware (3.0.0.4.386.46065), power cycled both AX88Us at the same time, then did the version 3.0.0.4.386.48631 firmware upgrade again. Unfortunately this still didn't solve my problem. It's just interesting we both disabled some aspect of the 2.4 GHz radios and we both see the same problem Wi-Fi clients connecting to the mesh node after firmware upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.48631.

I took a chance and flashed back to the latest version and so far its been behaving for me so IDK what happened earlier with it.

Hello Fyew-jit-tiv,

I'm in the U.S. I think in an earlier post you mentioned you disable 2.4 GHz and only use 5 GHz. I do something similar as I only use 2.4 GHz on the main router and disable it on the mesh node. Maybe disabling 2.4 GHz somehow figures into the problem. For an attempt at fixing, I enabled 2.4 GHz on both AX88Us, installed the previous version firmware (3.0.0.4.386.46065), power cycled both AX88Us at the same time, then did the version 3.0.0.4.386.48631 firmware upgrade again. Unfortunately this still didn't solve my problem. It's just interesting we both disabled some aspect of the 2.4 GHz radios and we both see the same problem Wi-Fi clients connecting to the mesh node after firmware upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.48631.
Hi Greg, Thank for responding. I have tried everything, even resetting routers to factory and running Firmware update individually and nothing seems to work. I have noted, if you leave the master node on default firmware and only update the secondary node to latest firmware this problem doesn't appear. Hopefully someone from Asus is watching this thread and can reproduce and fix this.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that parental controls, time scheduling no longer works. It doesn’t seem to block any more, was fine before the update.

Has anyone else noticed that parental controls, time scheduling no longer works. It doesn’t seem to block any more, was fine before the update.

When i was running this fw i did notice the Enable wireless scheduler wouldn't turn of wifi 5ghz band at set times.

QC has gone out the window with Asus in recent times. im really thinking about switching back to Merlins FW.

My AX88U has been stable ever since I bought it until I installed this firmware. The router would just stop, kick all wireless clients and reset itself. And then the system log showed a bunch of Kernel Console errors with my Google devices. I switched over to the latest Merlin firmware and haven't had any issues. I'm disappointed in the bugginess of this firmware and hope they fix it soon.

Hello all... my AX88U was rock solid until I installed this version. I have two problems so far:

• WiFi connection drops as others has indicated. Kicks out all connected devices and then after a few seconds connection comes back. At least for me the connection drops out and then comes back without actually causing a reboot of the router.
  • Since I updated to this firmware I'm not able to connect to my Netgear Modem admin panel at http://192.168.100.1 from any computer connected to the router (either WiFi or Ethernet).

Could you point me to what firmware version should I go back to to get my router stable again and wait for the next update?. Honestly I don't remember which one I was using before updating to 3.0.0.4.386.48631

Hello all... my AX88U was rock solid until I installed this version. I have two problems so far:

• WiFi connection drops as others has indicated. Kicks out all connected devices and then after a few seconds connection comes back. At least for me the connection drops out and then comes back without actually causing a reboot of the router.
  • Since I updated to this firmware I'm not able to connect to my Netgear Modem admin panel at http://192.168.100.1 from any computer connected to the router (either WiFi or Ethernet).

Could you point me to what firmware version should I go back to to get my router stable again and wait for the next update?. Honestly I don't remember which one I was using before updating to 3.0.0.4.386.48631
The last stable FW was Version 3.0.0.4.386.46065 Dated 12/01/2022. My guess is Asus will be releasing an end of May start of June FW to address recent problems.

The last stable FW was Version 3.0.0.4.386.46065 Dated 12/01/2022. My guess is Asus will be releasing an end of May start of June FW to address recent problems.

Thanks... I'll will flash back to that one. Does anybody knows about the second issue that I mentioned of not being able to connect to the Modem's admin panel at 192.168.100.1 ?... would you know if that issue started with 48631 or might also be on 46065 ?

Thanks... I'll will flash back to that one. Does anybody knows about the second issue that I mentioned of not being able to connect to the Modem's admin panel at 192.168.100.1 ?... would you know if that issue started with 48631 or might also be on 46065 ?
Have you power cycled the Modem since you done the FW update? If not Power down both Modem and Router, Power on Modem wait 2 mins then power on router. If that fails to give you access then im not sure why tbh..

Hope this helps.

I have 2 AX88Us as AI Mesh nodes attached to a an AX89X, and so far the 88U firmware has been stable for me. I am getting one weird artifact. One of the nodes is on top of a cabinet in a bedroom, and I turn off the LEDs to avoid seeing the lights flash at night. With this new firmware, after a few days, two of the LEDs will start flashing. Toggling the LED On/Off switch in the app will make them go off for a few more days.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online