What's new

Asus RT-AX88U Not Getting 1 Gig Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shahzada

New Around Here
Have Virgin 1 gig Connection while on Lan on Virgin hub i m getting full 1 gig connection
While on this ( Using Hub as in Modem Mode only ) Max I'm getting is 500Mb on the same connections
on Ethernet

Pic 1.PNG

Pic 2.PNG

pic 3.PNG

Last edited:
Consider testing the latest Alpha 1 release.

Download | Asuswrt-Merlin

Or, try flashing the latest RMerlin release firmware (again).

If you haven't performed a full reset to factory defaults in a few firmware updates (or ever), you may want to follow the suggestions in the links below.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Almost all L&LD Links
First day since i got the router - installed Merlin straight away

Then you need to do the full reset to factory defaults right away.

RMerlin, not Merlin.

As we are on these forums, it is RMerlin. ;)

RMerlin powered router(s), or more properly Asuswrt-Merlin firmware (as you stated). But not Merlin, ever.

That's like meeting Richard and calling him Dick. ;)

Hi @Shahzada did you get your speed up? I ask as I have the same router, same 1Gig upgrade from Virgin and highest speed recorded on the Adaptive QoS Internet Speed tool is 745Mbp (usually only 600Mbps) although I'm on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45898-gfa90458 (the latest) from Asus.

Hi @Shahzada did you get your speed up? I ask as I have the same router, same 1Gig upgrade from Virgin and highest speed recorded on the Adaptive QoS Internet Speed tool is 745Mbp (usually only 600Mbps) although I'm on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45898-gfa90458 (the latest) from Asus.
nop

Not really. You're installing a firmware (Asuswrt-Merlin) not a person (RMerlin)..... I hope. :D
RMerlin powered router(s), or more properly Asuswrt-Merlin firmware (as you stated). But not Merlin, ever.

That's like meeting Richard and calling him Dick. ;)
Are you guys really arguing about the name?

You need to enable 160mhz channel to get the full 1gbps.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!