What's new

Asus RT-AX92U 2.4Ghz problem [SOLVED]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

taz291819

Occasional Visitor
I've never had a problem with this router until the past week or two. For some reason, my Ring doorbells go offline. Sometimes a reboot of the router fixes it, sometimes not.

The doorbells were working perfectly over the past 2 months without issue, I haven't changed anything, or added any new devices.

I read about turning beamforming off, and that seemed to work at first, but only for a few hours, and they were offline again.

This seems to only be happening with the 2.4Ghz band, which the Rings have to connect to. Even my laptop and cellphone give me an "Unable to authenticate" error when trying to connect to the 2.4Ghz band.

I've tried rebooting and/or pulling power from the router multiple times, and it doesn't seem to fix it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I figured out the problem.

It turns out, our old Canon printer was the culprit. I remembered I had to add legacy support to the router for the printer to work a long time ago. Once I pulled power from the printer, rebooted the router, everything started working again.

A damn wireless printer. LOL

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!