What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 - 2022/01/20

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

scootertramp

Occasional Visitor
Version 3.0.0.4.386.46061
2022/01/20 47.08 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46061
Security
- Fixed string format stacks vulnerability
- Fixed cross-site-scripting vulnerability
- Fixed informational vulnerability.
Thanks to Howard McGreehan.

-Fixed SQL injection vulnerability
-Fixed json file traversal vulnerability
-Fixed plc/port file traversal vulnerability
-Fixed stack overflow vulnerability
Thanks to HP of Cyber Kunlun Lab

-Fixed authenticated stored XSS vulnerability
Thanks to Luke Walker – SmartDCC

-Fixed LPD denial of service vulnerability
-Fixed cfgserver heap overflow vulnerability
-Fixed cfgserver denial of service vulnerability
Thanks to TianHe from BeFun Cyber Security Lab.

Added more ISP profile
Digi 1 - TM
Digi 2 - TIME
Digi 3 - Digi
Digi 4 - CTS
Digi 5 - ALLO
Digi 6 - SACOFA
Maxis - CTS
Maxis - SACOFA
Maxis - TNB/ALLO

Fixed AiMesh guest network issues.
Fixed DDNS issues where the WAN IP is IPv6
Fixed UI bugs in Administration --> feedback.
Fixed time zone error.
Improved the connection stability.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:9b13dc23c96d92bf66789016927aa6a9

Although this new version mentioned "Fixed AiMesh guest network issues.", from my test it seems not.
Same issue though, with Guest Network enabled, Intranet Access = Disable, Sync to AiMesh Node = Yes, devices cannot be connected through the Node using the Guest Network.

Although this new version mentioned "Fixed AiMesh guest network issues.", from my test it seems not.
Same issue though, with Guest Network enabled, Intranet Access = Disable, Sync to AiMesh Node = Yes, devices cannot be connected through the Node using the Guest Network.
Yes, I can also confirm this doesn't fix the isolated guest network issue on mesh nodes. I had some hopes after upgrading the main router (AX88U) to the latest firmware that they had finally sorted out this issue. However when I upgraded the AX92U mesh node I found that no clients on the guest network could connect to the node, they just end up connecting back to the main router. The only solution is to revert back to 386_43084 on the AX92U and devices are able to connect again. It's frustrating that this issue hasn't been resolved yet.

I have an aimesh network using an RT-AX92U as the main router, with another RT-AX92U and an RT-AC86U as aimesh nodes. Both nodes support WiFi device connections to the main and guest SSID’s. This has been working with prior as well as the new current firmware. What is the problem you have been experiencing with your routers and guest networks?

I have an aimesh network using an RT-AX92U as the main router, with another RT-AX92U and an RT-AC86U as aimesh nodes. Both nodes support WiFi device connections to the main and guest SSID’s. This has been working with prior as well as the new current firmware. What is the problem you have been experiencing with your routers and guest networks?
The problem occurs when setting the 'Access Intranet' option to Disable on the 1st guest network, this is important as it isolates guest devices from the local intranet and only allows them to access the WAN. Also, only the 1st guest network has the option 'Sync to AiMesh Node', which allows devices to access the guest network via mesh nodes rather than the main router.

Wow, I thought the guest networks would be isolated from the local intranet by default. That’s the only reason for using a guest network! Yet another problem needing to be resolved by Asus. On my RT-AX92U there is no setting for ‘sync to aimesh node’. Everything works fine with guest node access as long as I don’t disable intranet access for the guest network. Thanks for making me aware of this issue.

Digging a little deeper I found the sync to aimesh node setting you mentioned on the first guest network. Also, I’m only using the first guest network and the guest network is using a separate subnet, isolating clients on the guest network from the main intranet, preventing these clients from accessing the router’s intranet clients. Also access to the WAN from the nodes works fine for my guest network clients.

Digging a little deeper I found the sync to aimesh node setting you mentioned on the first guest network. Also, I’m only using the first guest network and the guest network is using a separate subnet, isolating clients on the guest network from the main intranet, preventing these clients from accessing the router’s intranet clients. Also access to the WAN from the nodes works fine for my guest network clients.
Are you using the default subnet for your main devices? After I reset the router the guest network worked fine (isolated, and sync to nodes) just before I change the lan IP from 192.168.50.x to a customized one.

The issue I see is that using guest network 1 with 'sync to nodes' set to 'all' and 'access intranet' to 'disabled' clients won't connect to the guest 5G network on the node. I can see the network is being broadcast using a wifi scanner as it's on a different channel to the main router, however devices will always just connect to the main router, or at least the try to connect to the node and end up getting pushed onto the main router, which I can confirm via the AiMesh page, there are no devices connected to the 5G guest network on the node. Reverting the AX92U firmware back to 43084 fixes the issue.

Note, I am using an AX88U as my main router not another AX92U so that may be part of the issue. Also, I haven't had chance to to a full factory reset on the main router either as suggested by @NKcow as it would be too disruptive in the week, so I'll try that at the weekend after another attempt at the firmware upgrade.

Just to add, the 5G guest network appears to use the range 192.168.102.x on my router, the 192.168.101.x is 2.4G which does seem to work fine.

How is the general stability so far of this version? Device connections/disconnects and router functions not locking up/hanging?
I have been pretty skeptical and have reverted back to 43084 twice from previous firmwares.

All of my guest network clients happen to be 2.4Ghz clients, being smart devices such as smart switches, etc. so luckily, I have no issues concerning 5Ghz guest access.

I still have Guest network problems on all nodes, 2.4G and 5G bands. My devices initially connect, but then after a few minutes they drop off and refuse to connect. Syslog shows various "not a mesh node" warnings referencing the MAC addresses of the various stations. Since the stations affected include my work laptop and my TV, I cannot live with this problem and have reverted to the last working version of the firmware (3.0.0.4.386_43084). As noted on a previous thread, ASUS tech support has been worthless.

I still have Guest network problems on all nodes, 2.4G and 5G bands. My devices initially connect, but then after a few minutes they drop off and refuse to connect. Syslog shows various "not a mesh node" warnings referencing the MAC addresses of the various stations. Since the stations affected include my work laptop and my TV, I cannot live with this problem and have reverted to the last working version of the firmware (3.0.0.4.386_43084). As noted on a previous thread, ASUS tech support has been worthless.
Also, I didn't run it long enough to judge stability; the total run time for me to verify the lack of a fix was 90 min at best.

Yes, Asus tech support seems to leave a lot to be desired. The router UI now has a built in feedback option, but good luck trying to get a response from Asus concerning any issues you may report to them.

Just to see what would happen, I created a 5ghz version of guest network 1 set for no intranet access and sync to aimesh node - all. I then took a Pixel 2XL and had it join this new network. It was assigned a 192.168.102.X IP address. When physically placed close to each node or the main router, it was able to successfully establish and maintain a connection with each device. So, it appears that the Asus RT-AX92U & RT-AC86U firmwares operate properly supporting an AiMesh infrastructure.

Just to see what would happen, I created a 5ghz version of guest network 1 set for no intranet access and sync to aimesh node - all. I then took a Pixel 2XL and had it join this new network. It was assigned a 192.168.102.X IP address. When physically placed close to each node or the main router, it was able to successfully establish and maintain a connection with each device. So, it appears that the Asus RT-AX92U & RT-AC86U firmwares operate properly supporting an AiMesh infrastructure.
Thanks, I'll try a full system reset this weekend with my AX92U and AX88U and see if that fixes the issue.

From my testing, it seems that once I enabled Ethernet backhual on my RT-AX92U the Guest Network issue will kick-in. Guest cannot connect to node with Intranet Access disabled.

My network is using an Ethernet backhaul between my RT-AC86U node an the main router, my first RT-AX92U. My second RT-AX92U, being the second node is connected to the other RT-AX92U wirelessly via 5G with no differences in client connectivity between these three devices and their clients. I am curious why you are having connectivity problems and I’m not seeing any issues with intranet access disabled. Have you tried more than one client device and are your clients configured to use DHCP?

My network is using an Ethernet backhaul between my RT-AC86U node an the main router, my first RT-AX92U. My second RT-AX92U, being the second node is connected to the other RT-AX92U wirelessly via 5G with no differences in client connectivity between these three devices and their clients. I am curious why you are having connectivity problems and I’m not seeing any issues with intranet access disabled. Have you tried more than one client device and are your clients configured to use DHCP?
Yes, I am using DHCP and 2 mobile devices to test, really encountered the issue.

I did try to fatory reset everything, after reset, simple add the AiMesh node, then configure the first Guest Network with Intranet Disabled and Sync to Node. It was working and then after I enabled the Ehternet Backhaul (with Tri-band smart connect), although the mobile devices can still see the Guest Network they can then never connect thru the node.

It may because of I am using 2 RT-AX92U? (e.g. only RT-AX92U will be having this issue as node), or it is because I am using a switch between 2 RT-AX92U?