What's new

Asus RT-N16 Port-forwarding issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

princip

New Around Here
Hello everybody, I've been trying to forward 80 port on RT-N16 and no success, it just don't work no matter what I do I've tried factory reset twice.
I have manually assigned the LAN ip to the device I intend to use the port on AND I disabled UPnP
BUT if I enable the Web Access from WAN option I can enter the router CP using my external static IP and :8080 port so, what's the deal? Could it be it's a problem on the PC like a firewall blocking the connections on the PC istelf? But I have completely disabled Windows Defender, hopefully someone can help cheers

Your ISP may be blocking port 80 so try using a different external port, like 25555. Are you sure your PC is listening on port 80 and isn't using an ACL that restricts it to local traffic? If you have some other simple device on your network with a web server (like a network printer) try accessing that instead of your PC.

I have tried forwarding 27016 on both TCP & UDP and it still was not fruitful.
ISP blocking the 80 port is unlikely as I've been using the same ISP at my other place and everything worked fine and neat except I've had another router back there I think I'll try forwarding a port for the laptop tomorrow it's battery is dead now and I'm going to bed soon.
ACL is part of Windows Defender? But I have it completely shut down, this shouldn't be an issue
I also have the router's Firewall turned off

I have tried forwarding 27016 on both TCP & UDP and it still was not fruitful.
ISP blocking the 80 port is unlikely as I've been using the same ISP at my other place and everything worked fine and neat except I've had another router back there I think I'll try forwarding a port for the laptop tomorrow it's battery is dead now and I'm going to bed soon.
ACL is part of Windows Defender? But I have it completely shut down, this shouldn't be an issue
I also have the router's Firewall turned off
There's one thing though I don't have an extra Ethernet cable to suck that laptop up to the router wired would it forward the port if the laptop is connected wirelessly?

No. Whatever server you're running on your PC (like a web server) may have it's own access controls in addition to Windows Firewall.

Don't do this. It won't help your problem and it only exposes your router to attacks from the internet.
I'm gonna turn it back on,,I couldn't manually assign a LAN ip to the lap top
as soon as I do I can't connect to the wifi hot spot from the laptop...I think the router is faulty?

I'm gonna turn it back on,,I couldn't manually assign a LAN ip to the lap top
as soon as I do I can't connect to the wifi hot spot from the laptop...I think the router is faulty?
None of this makes any sense and seems unrelated to port forwarding. So maybe the router is faulty and just behaving randomly. In any case it's probably a good idea to replace the router as it's been obsolete for years and hasn't received any security updates. Just about any router being sold today would be vastly superior.