What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Cisco AnyConnect Internet Access Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If access to the corp VPN was functional, it should have nothing to do with the IPsec pass-through options.

Based on other comments here, I am thinking it may be related to the presence of IPv6. Based on the IPv4 routing tables, split-tunnel does not appear to be in place. However if the AnyConnect client isn't forcing IPv6 down the tunnel or blocking it, it is possible that when the client is dual-stacked, it has native Internet via IPv6.

Reactions: kfp
Is your IPsec passthrough on or off?

IPsec passthrough was on.

If access to the corp VPN was functional, it should have nothing to do with the IPsec pass-through options.

Based on other comments here, I am thinking it may be related to the presence of IPv6. Based on the IPv4 routing tables, split-tunnel does not appear to be in place. However if the AnyConnect client isn't forcing IPv6 down the tunnel or blocking it, it is possible that when the client is dual-stacked, it has native Internet via IPv6.

IPv6 was not enabled.

edit: comments above for my setup which does work.

Cisco AnyConnect version 4.4.03034
Win 81pro
RT-N66U running a slightly out of date version of Merlin

Last edited:
Reactions: kfp
Had similar problem today with AnyConnect through my AC68U...

LAN -> Switch Control -> NAT Acceleration = Disable​

solved my problem.