What's new

Asus TUF-AX3000 v2 new firmware please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWoo

Gee zoo. The Asus TUF-AX3000 v2 is a well specced mid-range router with very new Broadcom chipset. Yet, no new firmware in more than 6 months. Would expect some updates from Asus on such a new product. Looks like MikroTik or GL.iNet in my future. Asus, you are losing your core audience by not supporting your products.

What are you missing that new firmware is expected?

Myself, I would not consider the TUF-AX3000 well spec'd or midrange today. Hardware on its own isn't an indication of value/performance. Actual experience/use is.

Asus, you are losing your core audience by not supporting your products.
SNB isn't an Asus support channel. Nobody from Asus will read your post here. If you want Asus to be aware of your opinion you need to contact them directly or through their website.

Myself, I would not consider the TUF-AX3000 well spec'd or midrange today. Hardware on its own isn't an indication of value/performance. Actual experience/use is.

This router is selling well and is a global model using the ubiquitous AsusWRT.

The TUF-AX3000 v2 router:

Has Broadcom BCM6756 CPU, which is a 1.7 GHz quad core and is being used in many router models. The CPU just launched a year ago.
Supports USB 3.2.
Has 2.5Gb Ethernet WAN.
Supports 160 Mhz channel width.
Is only a 2x2 router, but most devices we have either are single antenna or 2x2.

@L&LD the performance from the router is good from a HW perspective but the SW (drivers) are immature as this is a newer product. Have you actually used this router yourself? And YES hardware is the main indication of value/performance as Asus reuses the SW across all their models. So the only differentiation is the hardware. Why do you think Asus is introducing so many MediaTek models????

Why do you think Asus is introducing so many MediaTek models?

Asus announced End-Of-Life for relatively recent MediaTek products like RT-AC65, RT-AC65P, RT-AC67P, RT-AC85P, RT-AC87P, RT-AC2400, RT-AC2600, etc. They are all related hardware with some different marketing. Some of them are still available in stores around on clearance:

1691329813290.png
1691329864734.png

There are new hardware MediaTek products like TUF-AX4200 with some OpenWrt activity around it:

In late 2023, 2x2:2 routers are hardly midrange. They are barely entry-level. And, unless you're working for Asus, or are a reseller, there is no way to tell how well they are selling either (globally or locally).

I have no doubt the drivers/firmware are not mature. I haven't seen any hardware that I can claim that for the last 30 years or more.

You still haven't specified what issues you're having. Nor, what steps you've taken to eliminate those issues.

Hardware on its own isn't interesting. The firmware/software, drivers/SDK, and kernel level are, along with that hardware, what would make a specific model worthy of more immediate attention. Regardless of when that hardware was introduced.

From my point of view, Asus releasing a 2x2:2 router today means they are not too serious about the performance/experience it offers. Not their target market at that price point.

If you know/expect better of the equipment, you bought the wrong model in my opinion.

The post I made below is still relevant today, almost two years later, except for the part about the RT-AX86U which is now known to not be worthy of 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware from Asus and therefore not recommended anymore for a long-term purchase as a main router.

Why? Because stable/reliable and performant models aren't created merely by new hardware.

Those models are proven not just with their performance performing up to their specs, but also by the stability and reliability of their combined drivers, SDK, and hardware over many months/years and many different environments they've been used in.

Not picking at this model which I've never used before (and will never consider trying either), but it has similar limitations as the much better (for today) RT-AX86U. A single 2.5GbE port is not something that is effectively usable (if you actually want a 2.5GbE network). USB 3.2 isn't a selling point either. For scripts, even USB 2.0 still works very well. Using any consumer router as a NAS is just gambling with performance/stability, security, or all.

160MHz width is limited on 2x2:2 RF setups, so that isn't even a selling point.

Even that 1.7GHz 4-core CPU doesn't mean anything on its own. The specs/details are important for CPUs and I'm sure they're much less than the nominal 300MHz may show vs. the GT-AX6000's 2GHz quad cores, for example.

Marketing may make the TUF series seem like a contender. Unfortunately, reality lights them differently.

As you're seeing.

Why don't you start a thread on the actual shortcomings of the model, and maybe a solution will be discovered?

Last edited:
new firmware arrived here in Finland:

Versio 3.0.0.4.388_23785
47.74 MB
2023/08/15
Release note:
Security:
Fixed command injection vulnerabilities
Fixed remove ookla-IPQ956X
Fixed vulnerability in command injection after authentication
Fixed XSS potentially via malformed hostname in DHCP request
Fixed Fixed Stored Cross Site Scriptin
Fixed XSS attack via EXT3 USB in foldername
Fixed ping '-c' parameter in administration Network Tools is validated only on client side

Feature:
Add OCN Support.
Fixed v6plus related issues.
Fixed AiMesh node under Ethernet backhaul issues.
Fixed GUI bugs while searching for AiMesh Node.
Fixed USB function related issues.

How can one know if some fixes of version 3.0.0.4.386.49447, which is not a version of the TUF Gaming AX3000 V2 were included in the latest FW of it?
Specifically I am trying to understand if the fix of CVE-2022-26376 is included in the latest FW of TUF Gaming AX3000 V2, as the latest version of 3.0.0.4.386.* for this specific router stopped at 3.0.0.4.386.49272, before this fix was applied on 3.0.0.4.386.*, and it is not clear if this fix was integrated also to one of the versions of 3.0.0.4.388.* for this specific router.
Does anybody know?
Is there a public code repository that can be used to check this issue?

It was fixed with 3.0.0.4.386_48706, and so has been carried over into the 388 codebase.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!