What's new

ASUS XT8 MESH Dropped Packets

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gally

New Around Here
I have recently changed to BT Fibre and noticed dropped packets every few seconds. I have switched off the two nodes and removed all Ethernet cables leaving only my laptop connected to monitor the packet drop log. They are being dropped every few seconds. I am logging these onto my Synology NAS, which reports if over 100 logs per second occur. Yes they do. I have tested external monitoring but report no packet loss. I cannot understand why I get this situation on the router with only a single cable connection to the BT Fibre WAN, nothing else connected except my laptop wirelessly and its background processes. I tried it with a direct connection and it was the same.

Is this normal, or could it be the BT Fibre Network?

Dropped packets between where and where, your laptop and somewhere on the internet? How are you detecting these dropped packets?

Dropped packets between where and where, your laptop and somewhere on the internet? How are you detecting these dropped packets?
I am looking at the router log file. The 86.169.220.1 was my WAN IP address.

Attachments

• dfropped packets.jpg
    dfropped packets.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 19
Those messages are to be expected if you have enabled logging of dropped packets in the router's firewall. Turn that off as all it will do is fill up your log making it harder to see genuine problems. They are normal port scanning/hacking attempts. Check that you have not enabled remote access from the internet.

Last edited:
Remote access not enabled. I will turn logging off. Thanks for the explanation, every little bit of knowledge helps.

Could you also look at my other question on Dual Wan.

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!