What's new

Asus XT8 new setup problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nikishev

New Around Here
Just got 2 units XT8 and after initial setup update popup so I decided to run it. Well that was a mistake. After update my main node stop working. only keep showing solid "blue" light and no matter what and how I did can't pass initial setup anymore. it just stuck with "connect your router" even cable connected and everything is working fine. I already reseted and still not able to setup node. as right now I reseted second node and setup it as main. Do you guys know what I can do? or only option would be send it back?

IMG_8F9094D824E9-1.jpeg

Try just plugging your node used as router into modem....go thru set-up process (in GUI, not phone)....once its set-up and workng, use GUI to add the other node...or try the phone to add the other node......it should work.....

I set up my 2 node system just on my phone, went like a breeze...then purchased a 3rd node and added that one wirelessly through phone app,,,,no issues...I have updated FW a number of times just using phone app.....updates all 3 nodes at the same time...no issues.
Normally I would use the GUI on my Mac Book, but thought I'd try the phone app....its too easy!

The biggest problem is that there is no ASUS public WiFi to connect and start that process. I got self-assigned IP if plug-in to any lan ports. And if plugged into router nothing is assigned to router.

The biggest problem is that there is no ASUS public WiFi to connect and start that process. I got self-assigned IP if plug-in to any lan ports. And if plugged into router nothing is assigned to router.
Not sure what that means...running initial mesh setup via the phone app uses bluetooth between the phone and the XT-8 that will be your router node. So all you need to do is connect your router node to the modem, turn on bluetooth on your phone, and give the Asus router app on your phone permission to use bluetooth. Then just follow what the Asus router app on your phone presents to you. I'd recommend resetting your router node to factory defaults (same thing with the other XT-8 that will be your node, reset it to factory defaults as well) before starting with the phone app. Then when the mesh is up, you can use the web admin GUI to configure it the way that you want. But you'll be starting with a working mesh, that's really helpful *smile*.

Thanks for your input.
I spent like couple of hours today with ASUS support, and had jumped through all hoops and finial decision was exchange to a new unite. It turned out that unit some how blocked (disabled) WAN port after update.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!