What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So, you didn't learn the first time. 🙂

My uptime with ASUSWRT 3.0.0.4.388_23285 is 44 days.

That said, I have noticed that it will show devices in Clients, View List, or AiMesh, as connected that are no longer connected to the network, or not show devices that are connected to the network. A restart of the HTTP/HTTPS client seems to fix that. Maybe a reboot is in order ;)
Had the same thing after about 60 days. Everything was working but I just wanted the Clients, View List, and Aimesh to update correctly.

BTW - for me the device list updating stopped in both the webGUI and the Android app. Reboot cleared the problem in both :)

Last edited:
Noticed playing Rocket league over wifi 5-2 on the laptop that there are sudden packet losses every 5minutes... Laptop is 1meter from the router. Will update to the latest merlin in hopes for a resolution, otherwise I'm definitely ready for a new router this year.

This thing plagued me in VR and i thought it was the PC that made the stutters, the packet loss is very brief, like a few millisecond, this is extremely long in fast paced content.

Any other good brands with long term support for their devices? something not costing an arm and a leg for miniscule improvements. The reason i've put the upgrade on hold is that nearly no router comes with minimum 1x 2.5gb ethernet for devices. having only the 2.5gb from the ISP isn't helping.

I've been using the Zenwifi Pro XT12 for a few days now and it's running absolutely stable with the latest firmware. The transmission performance is also even better than with the XT8.

I'm not going for Wifi 7 because of the price and the first generation of devices.

Other manufacturers were out of the question for me due to consequential costs such as subscriptions

I've been using the Zenwifi Pro XT12 for a few days now and it's running absolutely stable with the latest firmware. The transmission performance is also even better than with the XT8.

I'm not going for Wifi 7 because of the price and the first generation of devices.

Other manufacturers were out of the question for me due to consequential costs such as subscriptions
I'm either going for AXe or BE router

For AXe i have AX86U-pro and AXE7800

for BE i'm not sure yet. might hold on until end of year unless there's some good used ones.

Never ASUS. he finish by a firmware not stable. i never see that. I use a old firmware 386 but with not last update.
I change my material but never with ASUS

ASUS ZenWIFI XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24609
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24609, 49.59 MB, 2024/01/26
This version of firmware is only applicable to ZenWIFI XT8 of HW Ver: 1.0.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed IP display list issue on networkmap.
- Fixed a GUI bug for WireGuard client profile name.
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Added MTU setting for WireGuard client.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Fixed AiMesh node under Ethernet backhaul issues.
- Fixed GUI bugs while searching for AiMesh Node.
- Fixed USB function related issues.
- Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Fixed command injection vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.
- Fixed vulnerability in command injection after authentication.
- Fixed XSS potentially via malformed hostname in DHCP request.

ASUS ZenWIFI XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24609
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24609, 49.59 MB, 2024/01/26
This version of firmware is only applicable to ZenWIFI XT8 of HW Ver: 1.0.
Installed, might report back in a few days/weeks depending on if there's any issues worth reporting from my end. I will probably install gnuton again once this firmware is available with it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!