What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dodgydrains

Regular Contributor
ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285

Version 3.0.0.4.388.23285
48.5 MB
2023/05/15

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
-The ARP response issue has been resolved, along with the connection issue between the router and the ROG Phone 6 and 7.
-Resolved the issue where the USB path is not displayed on the Media Server page in the AiMesh node
-Resolved the Download Master login issue. Please click the update link in the USB Application to update it.

Security updates:
-Fixed the cfg server vulnerability. Thanks to Swing and Wang Duo from Chaitin Security Research Lab.
-Fixed the vulnerability in the logmessage function. Thanks to Swing and Wang Duo from Chaitin Security Research Lab C0ss4ck from Bytedance Wuheng Lab, Feixincheng from X1cT34m.

V1 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._300438823285.zip?model=ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

V2 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._300438823285.zip?model=ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

Will stay off the updates until they say: Fixed lousy backhaul connection!
I install it, because every firmware what I use had lousy backhaul connection, it turns on orange 2.4ghz after couple of hours so hopefully this one is stable for me.

Fingers cross.

I'm going to upgrade from the previous 388 release to this one, without doing a factory reset. Just to test if this works better for me then doing a full factory reset. Hope this release fixes the backhaul issue from reverting back to 2.4GHz after +/- 10 days of uptime. 🤞

Did just update to the latest firmware and the wireless backhaul is set to 80MHz with auto settings. For the record, I updated from the previous release without changing settings or applying a factory reset. By default I had a 160MHz backhaul connection with the previous release.....

Edit: just rebooted the AIMesh node (not the main router) and I was able to restore the 160MHz backhaul connection. I hope this firmware only switches between 160 and 80MHz and will not switch back to a 2.4GHz connection 🤞

Did just update to the latest firmware and the wireless backhaul is set to 80MHz with auto settings. For the record, I updated from the previous release without changing settings or applying a factory reset. By default I had a 160MHz backhaul connection with the previous release.....

Edit: just rebooted the AIMesh node (not the main router) and I was able to restore the 160MHz backhaul connection. I hope this firmware only switches between 160 and 80MHz and will not switch back to a 2.4GHz connection 🤞

I'am using the backhaul:

Wireless Mode: Auto
Channel bandwidth: 80MHz
Control Channel: 100

After updating to 388.23012 I did a WPS button reset.
After updating to 388.23285, my wireless node dropped several times, so now I did WPS reset again. Will see how it works.
I could live with it going to 2.4 GHz (due to radar for example) but not with the node losing contact completely

I have hardware 1.0, only manual configuration is that I disabled 160 MHz.

After updating to 388.23285, my wireless node dropped several times, so now I did WPS reset again. Will see how it works.
I could live with it going to 2.4 GHz (due to radar for example) but not with the node losing contact completely

Are you working in this setup?
I have been fighting backhaul for 3 years and have tried ever combo you can imagine. I tried this new 23285 and backhaul flopped so often I got 52% packet loss from anything on aimesh.
Previously the only thing that worked 95% of the time was 9.0.0.4.386_46980 on primary and 3.0.0.4_386_25790 on aimesh----and now since the attempt on 23285 even reverting back to those is failing consistently...ugh

After WPS reset of both node and router, the node still loses connection regularly. A few times I have been able to see that it was due to radar. Other times I haven't been able to identify what's causing it, radar or something else.

After the reset, it has in any case reconnected by itself either to 2.4 or 5 GHz, it hasn't always been like that.

Is there a way to see in System log when the node loses connection? It could help to analyze what is the cause.

It works only for 5 days.
In these 5 days no one was at home.
So I don't get it what triggers to go in low band mode.

I getting crazy of this problem.
It would help if the users who are seeing this problem could identify which country they are in and what 5G channels are available to them. I am in the US and have not seen this issue on any XT8 release, however I do not use any of the Radar effected channels (which may not be an option for you). If you look at the wireless log when the issue happens you can see if a specific channel is effected by Radar or not. If Radar is detected then that channel (or channels) will be declared unusable for a period.

It would help if the users who are seeing this problem could identify which country they are in and what 5G channels are available to them. I am in the US and have not seen this issue on any XT8 release, however I do not use any of the Radar effected channels (which may not be an option for you). If you look at the wireless log when the issue happens you can see if a specific channel is effected by Radar or not. If Radar is detected then that channel (or channels) will be declared unusable for a period.
Hi,
Country is Belgium:

Here are screenshots how my 5G etc is setup, It is not using Radar effected channels.

If you look at the wireless log when the issue happens you can see if a specific channel is effected.

I don't no how, because at the moment it is green.
I also don't know when it goes on orange, only when I check or walk in the room of the router and I see the led orange.

Attachments

• 5.2.jpg
    5.2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 705
  • 2.4.jpg
    2.4.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 496
  • 5.1.jpg
    5.1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 596
I'm probably wrong, but isn't CC 100 going to be in the radar-affected territory?

This is the screen that I would check when you have an issue. It shows whether a channel is Radar effected. (note... this is from a US system so it shows channels you probably don't have).Wireless Log.png

As L&LD said, all the channels available to you are Radar sensitive. 100-112 are currently active and cleared as not having Radar effecting them. The time tells you how long since those channels were cleared as "ok to use".

Last edited:
So for my understading,

At this moment my line is orange: I had it on channel 100

Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode : AP Only

DFS status: state In-Service Monitoring(ISM) time elapsed 199321350ms radar channel cleared by DFS channel 100/80 (0xE06A)

Channel Information
----------------------------------------
Channel 100 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 104 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 108 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 112 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 116 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 120 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 124 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 128 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 132 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 136 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 140 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive

Stations List
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time

So I changed it to Channel 104 and it is green.

Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode : AP Only

DFS status: state In-Service Monitoring(ISM) time elapsed 78450ms radar channel cleared by DFS channel 104/80 (0xE16A)

Channel Information
Channel 100 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 104 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 108 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 112 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 116 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 120 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive, Temporarily Out of Service for 29 minutes
Channel 124 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive, Temporarily Out of Service for 29 minutes
Channel 128 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 132 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 136 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 140 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive

Stations List
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Yes Yes -79dBm ac No Yes Yes Yes 4 80M 526.5M 175.5M 00:01:04

I don't get it why and how to find the issue..

Hi michel30

You're RSSI value (-79dBm) is not really great. I think this could be a reasons that you're backhaul falls back to AC or worse. My RSSI value fluctuates between -62 and -67dBm, which is to my opinion reasonable to maintain a stable AX 160MHz backhaul connection. But even in my situation I sometimes encounter backhaul stability issues (after 5 or 10 days of uptime).

Hi michel30

You're RSSI value (-79dBm) is not really great. I think this could be a reasons that you're backhaul falls back to AC or worse. My RSSI value fluctuates between -62 and -67dBm, which is to my opinion reasonable to maintain a stable AX 160MHz backhaul connection. But even in my situation I sometimes encounter backhaul stability issues (after 5 or 10 days of uptime).
That's not it. I had the same RSSI (or even slightly worse) at some point and it never switched to 2.4 band.

I think this is either broken hardware or environment specific that would be difficult for Asus to reproduce and fix. I have never in my environment experienced a drop to 2.4 (on different types of AI mesh routers). Yes, 160 was affected regularly and dropped to 80, but never to 2.4 (and my RSSI is between 73 and 78 normally).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!